Friday, October 16, 2015

Feeling Krafty - Lauren Tomecek

I recently cleaned my craft room and discovered I have an abundance of kraft cardstock so thought I better put it to use. Kraft is fantastic to pair with chipboard, as it gives a really earthy/natural look if you leave the chipboard raw or can provide great colour contrast if you paint the chipboard.
 
 
My first layout is for the Kraft Plus challenge blog. I have painted the 'Cherish' piece (CB1134 Assorted Words 01) to match the rest of the title (CB6103 Scrap Words 21), which is only available in black. The feathers (CB5116 Feathers 01) look stunning with nothing more done to them, mine were cut out of the white mist chipboard.

 
As soon as I saw this bubble chipboard (CB5131 Bubbles 01) I knew I wanted to use it on a swimming photo of my son. I firstly used the chipboard as a mask with some spray, then embossed the chipboard in white before adding pearl accents. The title is from a mixture of letters in the CB1206 Scrap Words 09 pack, don't feel you need to stick to the expected phrases. The tag comes from the CB1218 Scrap Words 19 pack.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful.....so love that colour combo and the Scrapmatts look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren absolutely gorgeous family pics on your layout, beautiful..love them

    ReplyDelete