Saturday, July 16, 2016

A new technique for July!

Lisette here with you today.

I have two layouts to showcase today, both using lots of Scrapmatts Chipboard.

The first one was for a Challenge Design Team I am on.  I surprised myself with this one.  I don't usually do pastel pretty layouts, but had heaps of fun doing this challenge.  The photo is of me as a flowergirl when I was 6 or 7.

CB1222 Feathers 02
CB5137 Ornate Toppers 01
CB1038 Dragonflies 06
CB4063 Leaf Spray 13
CB51444 Layered Poinsettias 01

With the Poinsettias & the feather I wet the chipboard and separated the layers to give a 3D effect.  Once you wet the chipboard you gently separate each layer, mainly the outer edges, then cup the flower in your hand and gently crush to give dimension.  I then hit them with the heat gun to start the drying process and then left them to air dry.




My next layout is just for fun.  My eldest daughter was up from Hobart over the long weekend in June.  Tim had gone overseas for work, so we decided to head into the city to look at all the lights of Vivid.  We had a great night, taking lots of silly selfies.

CB1038 Dragonflies 06
CB1123 Signboards 01
CB6106 Assorted Words 24
CB 1004 Flourishes 05
CB1024 Flowers 04

All the chipboard are inked with Red/Gold Dew Drop Inks


 

Hope you have found lots of inspiration here and maybe a new technique or two.

Until August,  Happy Scrapping

Lisette

6 comments:

  1. These layouts are wonderful , I love what you have done with the chipboard flowers and feathers.. And great background on the second layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of the chippies Lisette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red stenciled background on kraft Lisette, lovely layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have wet the chipboard and created something 3D, who knew that..awesome layouts. Great use of stencils and chipboard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the tip with the wet chipboard, that looks like a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!
    One of my favourite techniques....wet and separate layers.

    ReplyDelete