Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cards, Double and a Mini Album

Hello

The middle of the year is upon us.. almost the end of the financial year in fact. Wow, that snuck up quick. Things have been insanely busy for me and I've even decided to add something new to the mix... I'm returning to Uni to study teaching in July. It will all be online though so not so hectic hopefully!

I figured what other career would allow a little bit of craftiness in between the business stuff... excited!! lol

But enough about me... here are a few projects featuring some fabulous chipboard of course.
 


 
This layout is a double created with a traditional scrapbooking page, combined with a pocket scrapbooking plastic sleeve. I actually didn't have a plastic sleeve design to suit the idea I had in mind so I sewed together two 6x12 sleeves and stitched up pockets as I wanted. Not perfect, but pretty easy to create your own design. The traditional style page is on the left and the pocket page on the right.
 




 




 
And a mini album. This one was a good effort. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish, so I am pretty impressed with that. I decided to make a mini album of mine and my husband's relationship as a gift for our upcoming anniversary. Love, engagement, marriage and baby. Our story so far!
 


 
Created using a Kaisercraft tag wood album and the mini pad and collectables from the Limelight collection. Other materials were Scrapmatts chipboard, lace, flowers, dymo labeller, AC Thickers.
 


 
Here are a couple of the pages up close:
 




 
I just realised I was meant to give this mini album to my hubby for our 'dating' anniversary in May. Oops! He was absent for half the day and not particularly romantic so I guess I'll save it for another occasion haha
 
Enjoy the rest of your week.
 
Holly x
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you have done the double layout as a traditional and then in pockets..the tag book is just amazing..well done, beautiful work as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Holly! I'm sure your hubby will enjoy and treasure the mini album when you give it to him. Good luck with the study. I remember doing my Post Grad degree while working full time and renovating a house - the time sure went fast as I didn't have time to stop and think about what was going on!!

    ReplyDelete