Saturday, April 16, 2016

Me!

Well that is an awkward title!

Lisette here and it's my turn to showcase the fabulous Scrapmatts products.

As you have already seen this month, Sofie gave all the new DT members a challenge - to create a canvas with a photo of themselves.  Once the shock of having to do that subsided, the next thought was Do I have a photo of just me?  Like most of us the answer was no.  Had to get my daughter to take some.


I am into paint and mists at the moment, and of course bright citrus colours - so that is what I used.
I used the dots stencil in yellow,  then painted the retro squares green and topped the colour up with green mist (I also used these as a stencil,) added some flowers and swirls with some words and I was done.

ST5006 - Dots
CB5142 - Retro squares 2
CB1004 - Flourishes
CB6103 - scrap words 21
and a flower charm

 My eldest daughter has recently moved from home (Sydney) to Hobart.  She drove down so I went with her to Melbourne.  Had to get a selfie (red eyes and all) at Melbourne airport. It was definitely Tears for One!



ST1008 - Cracks
CB1241 - Scrap Words 
CB6113 - Scrap Words
CB5141 - Retro Squares
and a bow charm

Hope you have found some inspiration in my canvas and layout with the fabulous Scrapmatts chipboard and stencils.

Happy scrapping

Lisette


7 comments:

  1. A bright and summery canvas Lisette - love that you used Aussie colours to showcase the gorgeous chippies and stencils. Every picture tells a story and your "Tears" layout tugs at my heart strings. Lovely work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvas, it is bright and happy, and I can relate to the tears in your layout too, I had to say good bye to my young daughter when she went to London for 6 months.. us mums!! hehe! love how you have used the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Lisette, love the bold colours you went with on your canvas and the photo worked beautifully with it. It was a great challenge and especially challenging when you don't have photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Bright and Bubbly canvas of you Lisette, also an absolutely precious Layout of you and your daughter... Its something that I didn't get was photos of our Daughter and ourselves, before she moved to Victoria at the start of March... Its such along way away... So I totally understand the Red Eyes... :)

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colours in your DT canvas, it really looks awesome and pops. The layout is beautiful, but sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Lisette!
    Love your canvas and your layout, great use of Scrapmatts goodies!
    It's sad when our babies leave the nest, especially the first one....so many emotions!

    ReplyDelete