Sunday, January 22, 2017

Traditional and Mixed Media Layouts with Christine

Hi everyone! Can you believe that it's nearly February in just over a week? Where did the time go?
 
Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts with you, one traditional and the other mixed media.  Let's start off with the traditional.

 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Ornate Frames (CB4069), Flowers (CB1025)
 
Scrapmatts Stencil: Honeycomb (ST9002-A6)
 
 
I've inked the gorgeous Ornate Frames chipboard white and layered it around the photo of my eldest daughter, which added a detailed layer on the layout.  I love how this Ornate Frame chipboard frames and enhances the photo.  This would have to be one of my favourite Scrapmatts chipboard at the moment (among the new chipboard designs...tee hee).
 
 
I've also inked the adorable Flowers chipboard to match the motif of the papers.  I've added some subtle stenciling with the new Honeycomb stencil.  The edges of this awesome stencil has honeycomb etchings on them so you can stencil borders on your projects with ease.  How clever is that?
 
Here's a closer look of the Honeycomb stencil on the corners of the layout:
 
 
Next up is a mixed media layout.  Are you ready to step on the dark side?
 
 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Nested Stars (CB5021), Assorted Words (CB6116), Butterflies (CB1045), Scrap Words (CB1237)
 
Scrapmatts Stencils: Leaf Spray (ST5004), Strings (ST1021)
 
 
I painted the Assorted Chipboard white for my title which gave it a nice contrast against the black background.  I like how the Scrap Words chipboard come in different cut shapes, like the cloud on the celebrate word.
 
 
I embossed the Nested Stars chipboards with some glittery black embossing powder and then layered these under my youngest daughter's photos...because she's a superstar just like her sister :).  
 
 
I applied a couple of black mediums to the Strings and Leaf Spray stencils for extra texture.  I lightly inked the Butterfly chipboard for a subtle color and glimmer.
 
Thanks for popping in and I hope you enjoyed my post this month.  Which one do you prefer, clean and traditional, or a little mess with mixed media? Let me know your thoughts.
 
For more Scrapmatts chipboards and stencils, click here.  You'll love the new designs!
 
Cheers,
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Christine. I like the contrast between the two pages; quite different in style and equalling lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic creating Christine, just love the two very different but equally beautiful layouts.. and i love the layered frame with all the swirls..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Christine, love the fresh colours of the first layout, frame works beautifully her. The second layout may be dark in colour but it just pops out at you, stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the beautiful layering in the blue one. That stenciling is perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Wow, Wow What stunning Layouts Christine, The first one made my heart melt and then I seen the second one just made my heart dance, you are one very talented lady...

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete