Saturday, August 5, 2017

ATCs and Cards - Lauren Tomecek

A very happy good morning to you all! Today my baby turns 3 years old and if I'd been planning ahead, I would have done a couple of layouts of him to celebrate. But instead, I was too busy trying to plan the party and get everything ready for my family visit, so I have a variety of small projects to share instead. :)


I'm a big fan of ATCs as they were the start of my journey into scrapbooking. They are also really great projects for when you only have a short amount of creative time. For these ones, I painted ATC10-010 Bracket 01 with gesso, then sprinkled watercolourpowders across them and activated with water. They had a beautiful vibrant colour while wet but unfortunately the gesso mutes that as they dry.

I've used stencil ST5024 in the background of all three ATCs, but each one was used differently. On 'Discover' I used a small Versacolor stamp pad in charcoal to ink through the stencil, this gave the crispest edges to the image. On 'Remember' I misted black ink through the stencil, you can see it leaked in some places because my ATC based had warped a bit after the gesso layer. Finally, on 'Inspire' I flipped the stencil over and stamped the left over mist onto the image, then misted white Glimmermist to highlight the design.

The sentiments all come from CB1199 Scrapwords 07. The leaf pieces come from CB1146 Leaf Spray 01, CB5144 Layered Poinsettias 01 and CB1235 Leaf Spray 14. I finished them off with the lace, flowers, sequins and enamel dots.


It's always a good idea to have a few birthday cards in your stash. This one didn't hang around long, I've ready given it to a friend! I used ST9018-A6 in the background, just as straight gesso over the background. Chipboard pieces include CB5087 Leaf Spray 09 and CB6100 Words 29.

 

The second card uses the same background technique as the first, but I've taken it in a different direction. I can never go past a pun and the CB4067 Marine Life 02 set was perfect for this one. The chipboard has been painted using distress inks stamped onto my craft mat then spritzed with water and painted on.


The last card is another birthday one which has a galaxy feel to it. Quite simple in design, but I think the background really makes it pop. The stencil is ST1008, I used Versamark through the stencil then embossed this with a clear embossing powder to create a resist effect. The chipboard is CB6100 Words 29 and CB1223 Stars 03, both have been painted with acrylic paint.

Maybe next month I'm be organised enough to show you a layout celebrating my son's birthday. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Fun and fabulous cards and ATC's - always handy to have some ready to go. Lovely work Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such fabulous colors and textures.. fantastic creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Lauren.....great designs!

    ReplyDelete