Sunday, September 9, 2018

September Creations!

Hello there,
How is your day going? I hope things are doing well at your place!
I am just popping in to share my September creations for the Scrapmatts blog.
Once again I have joined with the  challenge over at Color, Stories, Inspiration #261   and Scrapmatts is a lovely sponsor again this month..

This is the color scheme and if you pop over to the C.S.I. BLOG you can see all the instructions and inspiration if you would like to join in.. You might win some lovely prizes!

As the topic for this challenge was to document something about school I have used a photo of my youngest when she was in Year One.. mind you she is in year 12 this year and I wonder how quickly time has flown by..

some closer views..


I love those fabulous Clock chipboard from Scrapmatts which I have left raw.
And how cool are the splats from the Splat Stencil, I have used a dauber and some ink to achieve this crisp result!

I have popped a little owl fussy cut from some papers on top of this Clock face to add to the school theme.

And a smaller sized Clock chipboard to add some balance to my page..

First Grade.

And not to forget my all time favorite chipboard Film Strip which has been cut in half and put each side of my photo..

And here is a list of the Scrapmatts products and a link to the Store..

CB6050 Clocks 04 

 

CB5053 Clock Faces 01 

 

CB1233 Film Strips 06 

 

ST5012 Stencil Splatters 

 

And I would like to share a layout I did for a Challenge where we had to use a photo of Mothers and Daughters and I had this beautiful Frame from Scrapmatts that became the foundation for my layout..
Now I have had this frame in my stash for many years, I have been a fan of Scrapmatts for a long time and I used to love seeing them at the Craft Show in Brisbane in June, and I am guessing that is where I got this frame from.. Have you got some older Scrapmatts in your stash.??  Well don't hoard them, use them!!  This is a photo of the Frame, after I took out the middle section for my layout..


I covered the frame in gesso first and then I used a stencil to add some  decoration on the sides of the frame..


Then I painted the frame in a soft green watercolor, and I got busy and forgot to take any more photos unto I had the frame in position on my layout.


 This shows the frame with the watercolor and the light decoration from the stencil. I have added some vines cut from dies.. and that Heart stencil is the sweetest thing too..

And some other views of my page..



Here is that section after I fussy cut flowers and added some gauze for softness to the frame..


This is a top corner and you can see the frame under the fussy cut flowers.. Yes I have covered the frame a fair bit but there are parts peeking out and the frame gave me a lovely foundation for my photo and fussy cut flowers.

And my layout..


I love how the frame is just showing in parts, it adds a dimension to my layout and even though this chipboard is an older product it is still a beautiful piece of chipboard and I am so happy I have used it on my layout for this special photo.. I just want to encourage you to use that older chipboard on your project.

The Stencils I used were
ST9027 Stencil Damask 
 

ST5035 Stencil Hearts 

 

Thank you for coming by today, I hope your September is going well and that Spring is well and truly in the air!
Until next time,
Happy Scrapmatting!


Lizzy Crust


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages Lizzy, love all those Scrapmatts goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work, Lizzy! Love your first layout....and the 2nd is just so precious! Great use of Scrapmatts products.

    ReplyDelete