Monday, June 29, 2020

There's always room for a stencil...


Have you ever got the end of creating a page or card
 and just sat there thinking 

'theres something missing' or 
'it just needs a little something extra...'! ?

For me the chances are that 'something' is one of 3 items ...

1. Bling
2. Butterflies
3. Stencilling

Even though stencilling is much easier to add at the start of a layout (as it sits under embellishments), I often find myself adding it on at the end just to flesh out a page. That can be quite a challenge as you might imagine, so these days I just tend to start with stencils as a matter of course! In fact my new 
creative motto is...

'There's always room for a stencil' πŸ˜‚

Here are three examples ...

Click on ANY picture in this post to be taken to the corresponding product in the Scrapmatts online shop πŸ‘


The hero stencil for this layout is the fabulous leaf spray... Quick, easy, and versatile, this stencil should be a stable in everyones creative box πŸ’œ



My title was a classic Scrapmatts chipboard ... 
I always keep a good amount of these general titles on hand for making either cards or layouts...
a bit of dew drop ink and you are good to go πŸ˜‰



This is an awesome little chipboard embellishment pack that's fantastic for adding whimsical detail to layouts, both with indoor and outdoor garden themes. 



And these little additions are so simple to toss onto any project that I keep a bunch in my stash as well.... simple flourishes with a frame are awesome for corner embellishing.

.    



I also popped some Ornate Toppers on the page just to make it a bit more fancy... and to ensure I had extra brown elements on the layout beside the hanging lamp and the bird .
When it comes to composition it's important to remember that 
colour creates as much balance as spacial placement.








The stencil I used for this layout is the cute little A6 Heart design.
This is by far my most used stencil - I cant say why for sure - maybe because I scrap my kids and husband so much and I just love them all to bits?? lol 

In any case, these little hearts allow me to tie the whole layout together using the same coloured ink that 
I use on other chipboards and elements with inked edges. πŸ’™

  


This gorgeous chipboard needs very little embellishment as it is just divine all by itself so I just added some of the blue ink to it before laying it across the base of the photo.




This title was a bit of a cut and paste job. I had previously cut the heart off this title to use on a card and just had the words 'A heart full of' left over. I NEVER toss my leftovers out, they get stored for latter use and sure enough I was able to rearrange some letters to make a new title!

I love how versatile chipboard is 
and the way we can use each piece any way we want!




FOLLOW ME CARD

And here we are back with the heart stencil again!! 😝🧑

when it comes to cards the quickest and easiest way to get colour matched 
elements happening is with stencils.


...while the rest is simply sentiments and embellishments...

.  

... a well placed journalling panel never hurt either! 😏

.   



And thats it from me for another month...

I hope you have been inspired to pull out those fabulous stencils
 in your stash and put them to good use.



Cheers form Kel.

P.S. All of the papers I've used this month have come from the Colour Blast 'Love and Grace' paper collection.


9 comments:

  1. Such amazing and inspiring creations to start the month off for us, really beautiful pages and fabulous card!! I love how stencils can add so much to a back ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy - I figure with the year we are having we really do need every positive foot forward at the moment πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  2. Beautiful creations this month Kelly-ann, the stencil work really softens the papers and blend so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever so clever Kelly-Ann! Love these creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great layout kelly-ann. I dont use stencils enough but will try to be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you Maxine - they are great value, but beware - they are completely addictive also! πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful work, love them all xx

    ReplyDelete