Monday, November 11, 2019

Framing your titles...

Like a lot of Australians I was introduced to the art of Scrapbooking by the MLM company Creative Memories back in the 90's. 
One of the key concepts they encouraged was trimming photos down into shapes and the use of fitting frames. 

The idea of cutting my photos never sat very well with me (I like them Big, in the middle, the main focus and the first thing you see! lol) So I had to come up with little tricks and ideas to recycle and use the many frames and shapes that were always left over from my scrapbooking packs

This technique of framing your titles is my all time favourite trick.
I've used a pack of the Scrapmatts frames to show off these fabulous titles and this groovy technique.

Do you have a bunch of chipboard frames in your stash waiting to be used? 

ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL...

Always Beautiful title - CT049
To colour this title I used inks and a glitter overlay.





The frame I simply painted with a cream colour and added glitter to.




- The smaller chipboard words were also inked and glittered up.




- This word is just glue and glitter ( potentially I was getting carried away with the glitter by this point!!?) 


 


- To create the the diamond pattern in the back ground I first inked with a dark purple ( dusty concord distress ink) and then used silver 'Inka Gold' wax to create the shimmering more dominate diamonds over the top of the inked ones.


ONCE UPON A TIME...

- for this title I used a pearl pen ... I just ran the pearly paint over the chipboard letters and let it settle there and then dusted with a little kindy glitz latter.





- For colouring the frame I used an array of Inka Gold waxes - antique gold, light green and a touch of pink. I also created highlights around the frame using gold Kindy Glitz.




The Bricks chipboard sheet is just one of the most versatile in the entire Scrapmatts range! I trimmed mine up into all the segments you can see on the layout and then coloured them with a deep red ink ( Fired Brick Distress Ink).


Just to make sure I picked up on some of the beautiful pinks in this paper I also added a bit of back ground activity with the gorgeous little hearts template and some simple hot pink ink - I love this look - its just so darn cute!! 




These arrows I covered with Fuchsia liquid pearls paint - just to give them a little dimension. 

I often wonder what little techniques people have come up with  along their creative journey to use up spare bits and pieces... feel free to share if you have good ones you are happy to let the rest of us in on 😁

All my best,
Kelly-ann xo









2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous creations Miss Kelly-ann!!!
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Kim xoxo I'm tickled pink that you like them :)

      Delete