Friday, August 26, 2022

Getting Christmas Started

Good morning I hope that you have all had a fun and crafty month. This month I've done a couple of Christmas cards, yep, Christmas. When I've been teaching I've already had people asking for it.
I had these Snowflakes (CB1178 Snowflakes 01) for a little while, and when I found this very cute dog stamp set with their winter woolies on, I knew that the snowflakes would be perfect. I simply painted them with white paint and then used a sponge to apply Stickles Glitter Gel over the top.
The titles are from CB6111 Assorted Words 27. For the DL card I used a gold pen to colour in the words and the standard card I just used a blue texta. I then gave all the titles a layer of glossy accents to make them shine.
The circles on the cards are simply done by masking out some circles and blending in some Distress Oxide Inks and finishing off with a bit of glitter - we all need extra glitter at Christmas time. The stamped images are coloured in using copic markers, but could just as easily be done with colour pencils, water colour, or any other medium in your stash. I hope that this inspires you to get a head start on your Christmas cards. See you next month. Heather

3 comments: