Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Shaker Layout

Good morning This month I found these beautiful papers in my stash, and I've taken inspiration from a layout that I saw the lovely Hetty Hall do a few years ago, and I've made a shaker scrapbook page.
I started by cutting the hole in the page (the design already had the circle shape in it, so it made it very easy). I then attached a sheet of acetate to the back of the page. I found a coordinating sheet to go behind and I cut it so that it was larger than the hole that I'd cut. Around the hole I did 2 layers of foam tape with no gaps. On the back piece I put a pile of different colour sequins then attach the top page to it. I then fussy cut out a clock and lots of flowers from some of the other pages and attached them to the page using different levels of foam tape. I also cut in half and tucked in some of the 6 lace Flowers LM019.
The light posts (CB4028 Lamp Posts 07) were done with a silver texta and a white gel pen.
The leaf sprays (CB5082 Leaf Spray 02) I cut into smaller pieces, then coloured with a white gel pen, then on half I used a clear Nuvo Drops and the other half I used a pale blue Nuvo Drops. The title (CB6088 Assorted Words 16) also has a light layer of the blue Nuvo Drops.
I have also created this matching birthday card.
I used CB129 Card Elements 006 for the centre circle and flowers
I have just simply used my white gel pen to cover them in white. I have also added the CB5082 Leaf Sprays 02 to the top and bottom of the main focal piece. I used white Nuvo Drops on these
Right in the centre of the card I have used one of the Lace Flowers (LM019) and the Happy Birthday sentiment from CB6100 Words 29
I hope that I have been able to inspire you as Hetty inspired me. These shaker pages are such a simple and elegant way to bring a bit of movement and bling to your pages. Heather

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, such a soft romantic feel to these both, have never seen a shaker used on a page, wow, amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!!! Such stunning creations Heather. Truly beautiful

    ReplyDelete