Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Dynamic Backgrounds

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I decided to work on some pages 
using photos of my new granddaughter. I'm still in love with  
Australian themed embellishments so I made the most of them on this soft pink page...


The chipboards for the titles were pretty straightforward - the word Mother's I inked brown to make it stand out and the word Love I left as it was - as the raw look softened the whole layout. 





I used the Gum leaf stencil and two different green inks to add the leaves to the
top of the page. I decided in the end not to ink the Gum leaf chipboards at the top so 
they wouldn't be competing for attention with the leaves inked on the paper. 






but the leaves at the base of the photo got a good inking with the same two green
 inks that I used on the background stencils.


Of course, I just had to scatter a few of these wonderful journaling words around also...







For this next layout, I decided to go nice and bright and really lean into the
painterly qualities of the background on this paper.


The hero of this layout is the triangle stencil pattern in the background - created using
the A6-sized stencil, the hot pink triangles emerging from the lighter background really pop!


I rubbed the hot pink ink into the background using this cheap makeup brush
that I picked up at K-Mart on a whim, it worked brilliantly!



And for colouring the feather images I just hit them with some simple watercolour paints.


The various words on the page were gathered from the following sets and inked with brown
and then given a light run-over with Crystalian Kindy Glitz. 





I used the makeup brush again when it came to colouring these flower chipboards as well ...




Then I dropped a bit of yellow paint into the middle of each one to make a simple centre.



I also ended up adding this lace to the page just to pull a bit of the white back in below the photo,
and it's just such a beautiful lace, It really seems to add class to any page I use it on.



Finally, to lift the whole layout I also scattered clusters of these 
4,5 & 6mm Champagne Acrylic Craft Gems around the page and some random sprinkles 
of Crystalina Kindy Glitz.



And that's it for me this month, Thanks for checking out my crafty adventures.
And for all the mums out there - I hope you have a very beautiful and blessed Mother's Day this year 💕

Cheers,
Kelly-ann


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment