Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Its that time of year

Hi & Welcome

I don't know about everyone else but I'm definitely not ready for the onslaught of Christmas.  It feels like we only just had Christmas and now it is here again.  I wonder if its because the shops start putting all the Christmas stuff out so early that now we just feel like we a swamped with it all again.

Other than all the prep that comes with the silly season I am looking forward to having a nice break, unfortunately this year's break will not include any scrapbooking.  This year we have decided not to fly over to Western Australia, instead we are going to drive.  This means  I will be doing some camping, definitely no glamping will be involved.   I'm unsure whether I will be looking forward to that part of it all.  It will be great though, to see how much has changed since we first travel across over 20 years ago.

First up I have a layout of my daughter's first birthday, we had no family here in QLD,  there was just the 3 of us celebrating with a couple of friends.  This was my first attempt at ever making a kids Birthday cake, which I must admit I decided as much as I love baking and cooking...
cakes are not my thing.





For this layout I used the following Chipboard pieces.I firstly painted them with some white crackle paint and then blinged them up with some jewel drops and glitter.





Second up off the rank is a Christmas layout I recently did.  I have created this using the new Kaiser Craft Christmas Collection along with one of my favourite Scrapmats chippies CB4068 String Circles 05 Holly.  I can't tell you how many times I've used this particular piece.  Other pieces used are listed below.









Well that is all from me this month, I hope you enjoyed my creations.

Fi


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creating Fi, have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Fiona ... I LOVE red and green Christmas layouts ❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete