Saturday, March 2, 2019

Mixed Media Shadow Box - Crece T

Hello everyone, Crece T herewith you today and Welcome the start of March. Today I'm sharing with you 2 projects, a Shadow box and a layout.
 

  
Mixed Media Shadow Box
 
 
Hard to think that this plain shadow box went from this....
 
To This....
 
 
 
First I started with Gluing down the 'Stones' from the soon to be Available Corrugated Shapes.
I then used the chipboard Tree, Gum Leaf cluster and Kangaroos from CB5149 Australia 01 and glued them to the shadow box.
 
 
 
 
I then Painted all over the chipboard pieces and 'Stones' with Black Gesso.
While that was drying I put the rest of the shadow box together and painted the 2nd layer of the front of the shadow box gold, to show contrast for later.
 
I carefully attached the photo of my Son Andy feeding a Kangaroo to the base of the shadow box, then glued down the 2nd layer of the shadow box (gold painted one)
 
I then placed the Top layer that I covered with Black Gesso using some strong glue.
To colour I used some earthy coloured waxes and gently rubbed the colour over the chipboard pieces. I love this effect as it really makes the chipboard pop.
 
 
 
To Finish it off I placed the oval shaped title "A Wonderful Day" from CB1242 Scrapwords 28
to the top of the shadow box.
 
 
 
HOHOHO
 
 This was a quick little layout I created using Stencil 9061 Stars A6 to create a simple background.
I stared by brushing some lime green paint onto some cardstock and then using some modelling paste and the stencil I got a lovely starry background.
 
To keep with the 'Star theme' I then painted with gold CB5138 String Circles 02 and placed that to the bottom right of the photo/paper cluster.
I felt it needed some MORE stars...so I used some stars from CB1249 Stars 04, I also painted them Gold to keep the flow going.
 
 
 
To finish the layout off I used the words, Christmas, Memories & Together
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and having a look, remember to keep checking the Scrapmatts online store for new items and follow on Facebook too. The rest of the Design team have some amazing projects coming up this month so stay tuned...
 
 

3 comments: