Monday, November 30, 2020

Tis The Season ...

Well this is it folks, Christmas 2020 has finally arrived! And I couldn't be more thrilled to celebrate the end of this year and usher in a new one lol 😜

Like many families we took some finical hits this year so I've been focusing on scrapping from my stash rather than buying lots of new papers ... considering the size of my stash this is only a good thing! 

Besides the occasional 'must have' moments I think this will be my new trend for 2021.

Fortunately my embellishments cupboard is well stocked so finding creative additions to accompany any papers in my stash is not a problem. Here I've popped together a layout using a family photo from last Christmas...


So I started of this layout by adding some green stencilling around the border - they were quite subdued greens on this paper and i just wanted to brighten it up bit... this stencil was perfect for the task:


Next I was onto embellishments... I felt like these gorgeous hanging lamps were just perfect for Christmas ... nothing screams joy, light, love and warmth like candles and lamps 🕯





Of course I had to sneak in at least one extra something-special embellishment ... 
I always keep a supply of these magical little add ons that are easily added to any layout to give them a little bit of something extra ... inking them with gold makes the process a breeze with Christmas Layouts.


And of course I couldn't leave off the scrapwords - I think I add a few of these to every layout I do these days - I just love the way they bring an extra element of action to a page 
as well as deeper meaning at the same time 💛




Of course any number of the fabulous Scrapmatts chipboard word sets are perfect for adding something special to layouts with family based themes.





For this next project I wanted to be diplomatic and remember that there are still people who have birthdays at this time of the year - I have a daughter who was due Christmas day but came 2 days early - its super important we focus on making Birthdays at Christmas time extra special because they have a tendency to get over looked at this time of year. 

Having said that ... you could always adapt the following idea to be a Christmas card and gift also...


For this card I started by making my own background with Alcohol Inks...


Then I just layered it up from that point onwards...


I added in one of these beautiful border flourishes


The classic 'Happy Birthday' chipboard



And of course, my favourite card topper of all - a chipboard string circle. 💙


Then I just finished it all with some bling and butterflies ( which is how I finish off almost everything! lol) 


For the gift box I used a classic 'pillow' box, but while it was till flat I inked one of these beautiful flowers onto the side...

 



Then I just folded up a gorgeous scarf and popped it inside...


I added a few more embellishments so that it coordinated with the card 
and tied it all up with ribbon - too easy! 


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant New Year 💚

Cheers from Kel 









6 comments:

  1. Oh your layout is so lovely, what a great photo and love that stencil too.. and fabulous card too.. and love the pillow box for the gift too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy - you are so encouraging- I’m thrilled you like them xo

      Delete
  2. Stunning projects Kelly-ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the alcohol ink background and the little gift pillow is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette - Alcohol inks are so bright and vibrant ... I just love creating backgrounds with them 💗

      Delete