Saturday, July 31, 2021

Best Day Ever

 

Hello everyone!

Well here we are at the close of yet another month ... I don't know about you
 but I feel like July has been a really long year! lol

I've scrapbooked less this month so only have a single layout to share, 
but only because I've been busy making extra cards.

Cards are the perfect way to let people know you are thinking about them and snail mail is making a comeback in the light of global lockdowns - and truthfully -  I can see why ... connecting with people even in a small way is a beautiful thing to do and as crafters we have all the tools 💗 

For this first layout I used this photo from 
a fabulous family holiday where we explored a beautiful rainforest so I tried
 to create a kind of magical forest feel.



I used spray paint on this title to make sure I ended up with colours that
 popped as much as the ones in the picture.






Part of my plan to give the page a fairytale feel was to add some shadowy cobblestones 
to the background which worked in well with the mottled background. 

 



And this medium A6 sized stencil of flying birds was perfect for 
creating a little flock of forest swallows.





And here are some of the cards I've been making - first a Birthday one 
made from some papers I designed and printed myself...




I spray painted the title to get a glossy look and used ink the leaves to blend in the tones.

 




The chipboard sentiment and pretty bling really lifted the the project.





And I almost forgot ... when I first put this design together the background 
was just on plain pink card stock and looked a bit under whelming so used this 
intricate stencil and some white ink to give some action to the background 💗

  






And this special card was a very quick and easy one...


I used the heart stencil to bring some pink into the background 
and then simply arranged some collectables on the front.

 

A little bit of 3D tape helped to create some volume with the collectables.


Then I did a variegated colour technique on this gorgeous title to
make it the centrepiece of the card...


Adding some pink first

And some brown second

...then I just added a few special words to finish it all off.




And thats it from me this month.
keep caring
keep sharing
keep creating
💗 



💗  Kel



6 comments:

  1. You have been busy creating!! Gorgeous layout and beautiful cards too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Kelly-ann! And your cards are absolutely beautiful. Great creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work and really like how you enhanced the chipboard title

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, coming up with new ways to make a chipboard title pop is half the fun lol xo

      Delete