Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December Creating with Lizzy

 Hello and welcome to the middle of December.. I guess if you are like me you have thoughts of Christmas in your head and the planning for the season should be well  underway..(cough cough!!) And that might mean there is less time for getting in and doing some scrapbooking. I thought I would share two layouts that are similar but different, as sometimes if you are like me, just getting the layout started is the hard part.. but if you have a favorite layout design then use it.. These layouts are going into different albums so it is not going to matter that they use similar design features!!

The first layout is using a photo of my Daughter and her Husband and my Grand daughter and I wanted to go with a romantic softer look.. I have a thing at the moment for using circle frames and cutting my photo to suit.. I have painted some of the chipboard and left others the way they come. 

These are the pieces I painted using a cheapish water color paint.. 

 

However when I was placing the flourishes on my page some of the paint lifted off, but I did like the result as it looked quite rustic. so some closer views of my layout..



That is such a pretty flourish and I had to use the Heart Frame around my photo as the moment captured is all about love..



The Scrap Words are always handy to pop onto my layout to add some emotion.


To add some more "love" to my page I used the Hanging Hearts Stencil randomly.


And a closer view of the sweet butterfly I glued onto the frame.. 

and my layout..  Love.


And here is a list of the Scrapmatts I have used on this layout.


ST5035 Hearts Stencil 

 


CB5055 Hearts Frame 07 

 


CB5189 Flourishes and Leaves 

 


CB1269 Scrap Words 51 



The second layout I am sharing is using a photo taken quite a few years ago but it is a favorite and I just needed to do something festive!! 

I started by making up some flowers using the chipboard flowers..(CB1026)  I painted them red and layered them up using die cut flowers.. I think this worked well and gave the flowers some dimension.



I stenciled some stars onto the back ground just using gold paint.. I usually mix the paint with texture paste but I didn't this time and the paint on its own worked well..

some closer views of my layout..

 

The flourish I painted lightly in a tan color to match the back ground papers.

 

These Holly branches were painted with a light green and they just pop on this page!

 

A closer view of the flowers which I think turned out really good.. 

and my layout.. 

 

and here are the Scrapmatts I have used on my layout.

ST5002 Stars Stencil 




CB4069 Ornate Frames 26 

 

CB1026 Flowers 06 

 



CB5164 Holly 05 

 



CB4071 String Circles 07 

 


I hope I have inspired you today with my creations, two similar but different layouts.. memories captured on a page.. 

Thanks so much for coming by today.. I wish you and yours all the joys of this season of Christmas and all the very best wishes for a Happy New Year..

until next time.. Happy Scrapmatting..

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning Lizzy … I love how generous you have been with your background stencils and that heart frame is so striking!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are so pretty and love what you did with the flowers

    ReplyDelete