Saturday, January 29, 2022

Spritz it, Paint it, Stick it!

I hope you are enjoying this brilliant summer we are having here in Australia... and if you are reading along from the other side of the globe... then hope these projects inspire you that warmer weather is just around the corner! 

I'm kicking off today by sharing a beach layout I pulled together using good old fashioned spritz ink... 



To create this look I spritzed over this gorgeous waves template and then ran the spritz all around the outside of the whole page to tie it all together.




Spritzing is perfect for creating that wind-blown, messy, water splatter look 
that works so well on beach layouts. 


To keep the colour scheme tight I also sprayed the title chipboard with the same coloured spritz
then added some white shine lines to finish it all off. 




Of course I couldn't resist adding some seagulls flying about as well - using one of my all time 
favourite stencils - these gorgeous flying birds...


These I simply drew on with a black felt tip pen and coloured until they were solid silhouettes.


I also added in a couple of other little bits a pieces of chipboards ... some hearts from this leaves and flourishes pack and a string circle word from another set.

 



Next I'm sharing a bit of a fun Birthday layout ...


I felt like there were too many colours in my photo to pin point a single one to coordinate with so I decided to just go with a green/blue background with black and white highlights. 

To start with I used this stencil with white gesso to give the page a bit of a celabratonry feel...


next I used my spatular to fan out more gesso over the page until I had a busy 
background pattern to mount my photo on...


I used black spray paint to give my title chipboard a nice matt finish.


This simple look is very effective against a contrasting background.


After that I added in some other fun chipboards from different chipboard sets...

I even used the black frame that came with this set!

These ones were already supplied in black...


and these ones I spray painted with black along with the title.

 




Last but not least I'm sharing some Quick and simple baby cards
 made for some special family members...


To create these I coloured some stamped images, and popped them on 
backgrounds I made using alcohol inks...


... to give the cards that edge I teamed them up with these versatile string circle chipboards
that I used more mat black spray paint on.


On the first card above I used the medium circle by cutting it into 2 sections.


For this next card I also used some of these fabulous scrap word panels.




And for this final card I used the large circle on a bigger square card and pulled in a couple of 
chip boards from some other chipboard sets...

 


and thats it from me for this month ... thanks for stopping by for a look 
at my latest projects, if you have any questions feel free to drop them in the 
comments section below and I'll be sure to respond


Cheers xo 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment