Friday, January 7, 2022

WELCOME TO 2022

 Welcome to 2022. We all know how bad the last two years have been  so the hope for this year is that it will bring us good health and peace. Crazy times are still ahead of us but we can either give up or just keep doing the best that we can and crafting is certainly one way of giving some time back to ourselves.

I started these two pages at the Scrapmatts Retreat in Neville towards the end of last year and finished them when I came home and am pleased to be able to share them with you today.

The pics I used on both pages are of a friends very photogenic daughter and with her permission I have used them.





I used a lot of different colored inks that I purchased at the Retreat, got to love irl shopping. The Brand is Brilliance and colours Pearlescent Beige, Pearlescent Thyme, Pearlescent Chocolate and Starlite Silver. All are available on the website and there are so many pretty colours. For the kookaburra I used Moonlight white and a yellow from my stash. I decided to extend a twig branch across the top of the pic to mimic the branch she was hanging from. The seagulls had some white texture paste rubbed on and then a light coat of Starlite Silver ink. 

The stencil gives the background the impression of waves flowing across the bottom of the page and is perfect for the Stormy Sky distressed ink. 

The addition of the muslin, small shells, glass domes and clear stones all helped to add to the beauty of the gorgeous pic.

As a final touch I covered the photo and did lots of white splatters which gave it that little bit more of an ocean feel.

PRODUCTS USED

ST5071 - STENCIL WAVES


CB5191 AUSTRALIA 04



CB6127 SHELLS 03


CB6128 CARD ELEMENTS 005 SHELLS


CB5056 TWIGS



For the second page I added some stencil work to the background to further enhance what was already there and by using a green ink close in colour made it blend perfectly.

I also used a lot of the same colour inks from the previous page for the pieces. The Brilliance inks give a fantastic cover and only need one pass.

Adding the Galah with some gum leaves and pine nuts added to the top corner gave the impression that she was indeed looking at something like that in the pic. The grass chipboard gave a nice height to the sides of the page and of course the title sums up the pic.



PRODUCTS USED

CB1260 SCRAP WORDS 43



CB5100 GRASS 02


CB5190 AUSTRALIA 03


ST 9011 PATTERNS STENCIL A6


Well that is all from me for this month. I really do hope that I have managed to inspire and don't forget to check out the Scrapmatts online strore, there are some truly amazing products there to help you create whatever you want to.

I wish you all the best for the New Year.
Hugs and love till next time.
Annette
xo

2 comments: