Saturday, May 21, 2016

Love the way you smile



Hello all, Rhonda here to share with you my 2 DT Projects for this month...

This is my "Love The Way You Smile" layout
and is my first project for this month.
I created this layout using some of the gorgeous new 
Chipboard and Stencils available from 


I started off using a cut down piece of 12 x 12 Patterned Paper then
 decided on using ST 1008 Cracks and instead of using texture paste 
I used a new acrylic paint which gave the background a real 
shimmery affect! 


I then cut 2 smaller pieces of paper from the same paper range and distressed 
the edges of them both. On the top one I added some hot pink acrylic paint to some texture paste and used the ST 1031 Hearts


I then added the quote from 

 

 I used CB 5132 Chains 01 to encase Rochelle's face, and added a few 
of the words from CB 1238 Scrap Words 24  and then added the 
angelic wings CB 1120 Wings 01  

 
  
 I finished of using off using all the chipboard pieces by adding 
CB 2003 Page Borders 02 after cutting it in half and adding opposite pieces to
 opposite corners to give it the look that it goes all the way underneath the layout... 


Then I found a piece of recycled corrugated card board and have 
used that as the backing... 



My 2nd Project is a set of three tags...

For these I used chipboards, charms & stencils
I incorporated Cape Cod Coral into
all three tags to make them look like a set.
I added to this theme by placing a piece of lace on each but
only charms on the outer tags.
I also dyed a piece of seam binding with the same Cape Cod Coral, 
this is tied to all 3 tags.
I used several pieces of chipboard over the 3 tags
using different techniques on each.


MEMORIES FOR LIFE    COURAGE TO LIVE IT    CHERISH IT ALL





Scrapmatts Products...
CB 1238 Scrap Words 24
CB 1120 Wings 01
CB 6109 Lamps 11
CB 4010 Butterflies 03
ST 1008 Cracks
ST 1011 Borders
ST 5020 Retro Squares
ST 1006 Stars
CB 5028 Lamp Post 06
Dewdrop - Brilliance - Starlite Silver
Dewdrop - Brilliance - Pearlescent Orchid

Other Products Used On These 2 projects...
Cardboard background
Hemp twine
12 x 12 Prima Princess Patterned Paper
Prima flowers
Prima Jewels
WOC flowers
Dewdrop - Brilliance - Star-lite Silver
Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic Blue-Gold Acrylic paint
Lace, Ink, Old Book Page, Seam Binding,
Prima Birdcage & Bird, Embroidered Lace
And The Following From LSG
Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold
Teapot Purple
Edelweiss Moss Green
Cape Cod Coral
Tiffany's Blue
Baby Blue Eyes

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Make sure you pop back in a day or two or head over to the 
 to check out the Design Teams amazing creations!
If you have creations using Scrapmatts products why not upload them into the gallery?!
(We would love to see them!!) 

Until next time
Happy Crafting
X


5 comments:

  1. WOW Rhonda, they are amazing, the layout is beautiful and your trio of tags looks awesome, love the colours and of course all the chipboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Rhonda, these look great and just love all the Scrapmatts products you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mix of colors & great use of chipboards Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects to showcase the use of stencils and chipboard. Especially like the use of the chain to form a frame around your photo :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you used the stencils on your layout. The bright colours of the tags look amazing!

    ReplyDelete