Saturday, May 28, 2016

May inspiration with Irit


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my May Scrapmatts inspiration.

After two months of scrapbooking I decided to move to some Mixed Media art and to my favorite Steampunk style.
So the first project is this Steampunk book cover I made using DCVW cardstock and Scrapmatts gorgeous stencil and Steampunk pieces.
The background cardstock was covered with letters from Scrapmatts Alphabet stencil using clear embossing ink and gold embossing powder.
Then I added another layer- using Sizzix die and Scrapmatts stencil on the non die cut part of this layer. This time I used Circles stencil  with the same heat embossing technique.
Now it was a chipboard playtime!
First I painted the Steampunk chipboard with DecoArt paints using Andy Skinners faux rust combo of dark grey and dark red  paints. 
Then I painted the Wings mostly with dark Turquoise paint with a bit of brown over it. The background  wings layer was painted with gold paint and I glued them one over another with Glossy Accents.
The small chipboard key and key hole were painted with gold paint and a bit of patina antiquing  cream over them, just same as the title words. 
 I added two chipboard hinges and arranged the whole piece over a kind of book folded leather look cardstock.
Two piece of washi tape were added to make this " book" to look real.








Scrapmatts products used:


And now for another inspiration- my new layout made with stencilled background and a lot of Scrapmatts chipboards over this wedding day page.
Those are photos of my dear daughter and her husband on their wedding day a year ago.
I loved those artistic  shots and decided to make a layout with two of them.
 The background cardstock was made using Scrapmatts Paint Drip stencil (CT1009)  using modelling paste with acrylic paint and then I also added a few strokes of String Beads stencil (CT1022) ,but not much of it is  still seen.


As the next step I painted Sticks 04 (CB5155) black and dark red acrylic paints and cut it to be  from the both sided of two photos. (The photo frames are heat embossed  cardstock die cuts I made with two rectangle dies).






The whole layout was arranged around the photos and I added the Scrap words 31 CB6112 title, together with Assorted words pieces and another Scrap words 25 pieces.The title was arranged over the Chains 02 CB1229 painted into black chain.






 I think that this layout is pretty interesting with those not so ordinary photos and in this pretty vintage style.

Scrapmatts products used:
Sticks 04 CB5255
Paint drips stencil CT1009
String beads stencil CT1022
Scrap words 31 CB6112
Chains 02 CB1229
Assorted words 23 CB6105
Scrap words 25 CB1239
See you next month with totally different projects!

5 comments:

  1. Inspirational projects Irit. Love the texture and patina with the book cover and the wedding page highlights the photos perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing book cover, love the wings! And fabulous arty layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irit, they are both amazing projects. Book cover is stunning, stunning and stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing projects, I love the depth of colour and detail in the backgrounds. Great use of the sticks chipboard.

    ReplyDelete