Thursday, March 26, 2020

A bit artsy with Heather



Hi all

This month I had some fun with colour!! I definately left my vintage comfort zone alone this time.

The layout is just simply white smooth cardstock, distress oxides, texture paste, stencils and chipboard


The bottom layer of oxide was done by rubbing 3 different colour oxides onto my craft mat, spraying with water then laying the cardstock over the top. Once I lifted it off I could then lay it back down again to cover places that were missed that I wanted covered, then once happy I dried it with my heat gun

After that I used different Scrapmatts stencils with the same colours as used in the base and just kept layering - I love that you can do this with oxides and not get a muddy brown

I also used a little bit of texture paste with one of the stencils to help give a bit more depth, and I love how in parts the oxide is pulled up through the texture paste



The chipboard is very simply just inked again with the same colour oxides, and then I used my glossy accents to pick up the round word sentiments


When deciding what chipboard I wanted to use, I opened my box and noticed that I had packets that I had used most of but not all, I have used all these odd pieces to complete my layout, and I think unless I had told you, you would never know that I hadn't picked these pieces on purpose

For those of you who are in lockdown at home, this layout might inspire you to use up some of the odd pieces you have in your room, and to create your own backgrounds rather than trying to find that perfect piece of patterned paper







Thank you again for spending time with me

Heather
xxox





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout.. now is a good time for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I really love the background you have created for your layout xxx

    ReplyDelete