Thursday, April 23, 2020

New Techniques

Hi everyone, Lisette here.

I am hoping everyone is surviving these crazy times.  One up side of things being cancelled, social distancing and staying home, is there is lots and lots of time to craft.

A couple of weekends ago ScrappingClearly held a virtual cyber crop.  We were inspired by so many fabulous local and international artists - Dina Wakely, Lisa Oxley, Leanne Jago, Louise Nelson and many many more.  So much talent!  I must admit that I didn't know if I was inspired or depressed/overwhelmed with all the live demos and entries for the challenges.  Luckily the videos are all still available so I can go back and check them out again in my own time.

Over Easter, I did however, managed to do a couple of layouts. One inspired by Marlene, from Art by Marlene and the other by Lisa Oxley.

Here are my attempts:-

I just love this photo of Mama Orangutan carrying her baby, just going for a stroll along the railing of the boardwalk. Unfortunately can't take credit for the photo - mine didn't turn out as good and clear.  This was at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.  This one I tried to channel Marlene with her technique with paint, watercolours, pencils in colouring a stencil.







Products used:-


ST5011 Stencil Circles


CB6106 Assorted Words 24


CB1236 Scrap Words 22



CB5117 Tabs 01


CB1159 Hearts 05


CB11203 Stars 03


CB6095 Assorted Words 18



I also made a small tag using the same method as I played along with Marlene's demonstration.  I used



Stencil 9035



With my second layout I was inspired by Lisa Oxley and her many techniques.  Initially I was just going to play on some cardstock, but then realised this photo from Christmas 2018 fitted perfectly.



Products used:-


Stencil 9076 Cobblestones


CB5158 Triangles 03


CB1060 Christmas Trees 02


CB1158 Butterflies 20


CB1236 Assorted Words 22



I hope you have found some inspiration with my layouts. 

Stay safe and for those with the family at home as well stay sane.  Take time for yourself and do some creating.

Until next month

Happy Scrapping,

Lisette









3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations, love the stenciling on the back grounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my hat! The Colours!! STUNNING ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ❤️๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the vibrant colours....beautiful

    ReplyDelete