Wednesday, April 29, 2020

ISO activies for everyone!

Welcome to my first post from isolation.

I know many have struggled with the 'Please stay at home' mandate that Australia is currently under, but I must confess - I'm loving this! 

The first two weeks with the kids was HORRENDOUS of course, but as all 8 of us got used to being around each other 24/7 things settled into a very relaxed state.

As you might imagine, I just tottered off to do some craft ('oh dear - cant work, so I'll console myself with crafting all day every day uninterrupted!!' lol)  and eventually the kids  even joined me.

Here are some of our highlights from the last few weeks 😊

FUN IN THE SUN


For this page I used Kaisercraft's 'Paradise Found' paper and a pack of their collectables. I normally struggle with using picture background papers as I find them hard to navigate but this lovey, soft beachy one was easy to work with. 


Anything 'net' like looks fabulous on beach pages so this diamond chipboard element was an easy choice for pulling in the darker elements of the photo into the layout design.


This chipboard title was great fun to decorate, I actually used my old pearl paints. These paints were originally designed to add small droplets to a page that looked like pearls I've log abandoned that original use in favour of some really fun and dynamic paint looks you can achieve with this medium - I love the way the swirling effect on the chipboard makes it look like water 💙




And of course no beach page is complete without some of my beloved bird template seagulls flying about ...  craft addictions are real people! 😂


I used a mix of two sizes here - which I often do to represent birds that are closer ( the larger stencils) and some that are further away ( the smaller ones) .





LOVE BLOOMS HERE


Here I've created a very simple layout using a couple of different size stencils and some white Gesso to block in a pyramid on the page then fill it with photos and elements. This is probably my favourite page layout design, but I must confess ... I'm not too sure about the way it runs off the top of the page. I kind of think it should have ended near the top ... opinions? 


This time I actually spray painted all my chipboard - it smelt awful but dried super fast and I got a great matt coverage.

   
 






These fabulous elements come 4 to a pack and are my favourite way of adding something just a little fancy to any layout that needs a little something extra - the same trick works great on cards as well. 



To give the page a dynamic feel I used the medium stencil at the top and the large stencil on the bottom and sides  - this optical trick is really effective when using all 3 size templates 
( if you have the space to do so). 

        


Well thats a couple of samples from me... now onto

ISO ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS

There is no secret I'm a huge fan of all the Scrapmatts card templates, 
so when my kids inevitably came to me with the 'I'm boooooored' anthem - 
only days into the current isolation season  I was all prepared ....

'Here' - pick a template' was my response lol 😆

10 year old Daisy and 12 year old Abby were thrilled to 
get their hands into some creative card making.

The templates made this process very easy and I simply watched on in surprise as they mastered it all on their own - I honestly thought they might need some help, but they were straight into it and didn't need me at all!

Here are their ISO efforts...




Abby got stuck straight into a shutter step card design...







Daisy was keen to try a centre step card design...



Sooooo.... are your kids/grandkids bored? This might be your solution 😁👍

You can see all the great templates Scrapmatts have to offer at THIS LINK.


Thanks for popping in for a look today - happy crafting until next time xo 

Cheers from Kel








6 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual kelly ann and you have given me an idea for the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s awesome Maxine - best compliment ever 💜

      Delete
  2. Wow what wonderful crating.. love your layouts, great photos.. and good on your Daughters... they are really creative too. love their cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lizzy - it was surprisingly fun all crafting together 😉💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome!!!
    Crafting together is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ... I know you know what mean Kim - kids and craft everywhere for both of us <3 lol

      Delete