Saturday, January 30, 2021

Background Stencil Heros



Greeting from beyond the school holidays ...
It was a close call, but I'm happy to report I survived the summer 20/21 school holidays ... just! 🤣

I had one child right in the middle of it all break her leg so we came home early and sat at home for the next 4 weeks trying to kill each other - a very common summer pastime for many Australians!

Fortunately I had lots of photos of fun summers gone by to keep me going on the scrapping front and I'm here today to share a few...

The hero's of all my projects in this post really tare the background stencils I used ...


Firstly this flying birds Stencil - one that I come back to over and over - it's simply the most used and versatile stencil in my whole collection! 



Next I teamed that up with this lattice stencil that I felt really complimented the 
Diamond mesh chipboard I also used on the layout.





Diamond Mesh 02

And of course I couldn't resist some fun word embellishments to dress up the page a bit...


Scrap Words 01 


and Scrap Words 52 


For this next layout - I really got messy!

I'm not usually a messy scrapper, but this was fun lol. I used the circles stencil and a bright marker to draw out the bright deep pink in the photo onto the white background of the page and then softened it all with a heavy handed inking approach. 


Circles Stencil 

This stencil is a little underwhelming to look at on its own ... 
but once you see the beautiful patterns it leaves behind you will be hooked! 



I can't actually resist and ornate topper or two here and there on my layouts ...
another staple item that easily adds dimension and interest to any page .


Ornate toppers 01

And of course those groovy scrap words .... obviously I cannot live with out them!! 😂


Scrap Words 31




Scrap Words 52



And the final project I'm sharing today is an up-cycled travel mug. 
When my daughter broke her leg she became a permanent resident of the lounge room...
(she has a loft be in her room that she could no longer access 😬 )

Obviously the 'NO food or drinks in the lounge room' rule went straight out the window and I dug out an old travel mug for her have her drinks in ... in the hope of avoid spills on the lounge. She (specifically as an 11 year old) was HORRIFIED at the 'Hello Kitty' cup I supplied her with and begged for a different one. No way was I wasting money on a new one so you could imagine my delight when I found the top simply screwed off! 

The gorgeous circles stencil was still sitting on my desk from the last layout I did so I grabbed it and got to work... here is how I took the cup on the left and turned it int the cup on the right...

.   


After taking out the old inside, I used it as a template to cut some paper for the new inside.


grabbing this fabulous Circles stencil one more time I got to work...

I used white Gesso and a scrapper tool over the stencil. 

The final result after it dried was AWESOME.


I then stuck a few butterflies and a die cut word on there and it was done in under 15 mins.


.  

My daughter LOVED it and has all her drinks in it now! 💕

I'll be up-cycling all my travel mugs and keep cups with panel compartments from now on. 


And thats it from me ... for now... I hope you all have a fabulous start to 2021 xo


Cheers from Kel




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kelly your layouts are so beautiful.. the photos are gorgeous and love your stencilling.. and clever updating the cup too..

    ReplyDelete