Thursday, April 29, 2021

Inspired by the products ...

 Most of the time I start my scrapping with my photos - I grab the one I want and then go hunting for papers and embellishments that suit. 

Occasionally though I find I am completely inspired by beautiful products.

This month I had the fabulous title 'Our beautiful Family' sitting on my desk for weeks 

along with the 'Bohemian Bliss' papers from Bee Arty ... 

proving that if I stare at something long enough then I can't resist using it! lol πŸ˜‚

Below is the page I created using these products ... 

with the left overs I also made a similar themed step card.


To highlight the various shades of blue in my photo I inked in some background action using 
this gorgeous patterned stencil (ST9034)


I used the A4 sized stencil for this layout but will often combine stencil sizes when creating this kind of background, descending in size from the A4 around the outside edges gradually moving down to the A5 to create a bit of a zoomed out perspective... its a vey cool trick. 




For the title chipboard I simply ran over it with a Sharpie... but you can buy it in black - CT091.

 


And of course you know I can't leave a page alone without sticking some 
mood inspiring chippie words on it! πŸ˜‰ CB1236 Scrap Words 22

  


With so many beautiful papers and chipboards left over from making my page 
I just had to indulge in one more step card.



I used the same ink and stencil set that I did on the layout for the card, 
although I used the A6 sized stencil this time.

The lamp posts are a very simple easy addition to any project - just colour the chipboard and add some coloured paper behind the lamp. I love the way the lamps sit off the card in this design ... these lamp posts are the perfect size for card embellishments. πŸ’› CB5028 Lamp Posts 06


And how brilliant are these embellishment words! 


A single pack of these goes a long way for me with both scrapbooking and card making.
CB6103 - Scrap Words 21 and CB6113 Scrap Words 32



And these I keep a constant supply in in stash of, they are perfect for any kind of card project.
They are super fine and dainty - CB1049 Words 01


Mind you ... looking at this picture, I must recommend you take your time sticking them down 
as once you have stuck them on wonky (as I've managed to do here) they don't move again! πŸ˜‚


Thanks for popping by for a look,
I hope you take away some inspiration.


Cheers form Kel 




9 comments:

  1. I love how you’ve managed to make the busy pattern on the paper subtle enough that the flowers and butterfly embellishments still pop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creating, love the photo and pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love all the amazing colours and the card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love...love...love all your beautiful creations, Kelly-ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww....the truth is I'm often inspired by your own, so thank you xo

      Delete