Sunday, July 26, 2020

Some Zentangling

Good morning

This month I've had my art journal out, like a lot of us crafty people I've been doing some online classes (in between working full time), so when I saw this new Scrapmatts stencil I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it - Zentangling

Zentangle is a form of medatative doodling that has patterns, or tangles, put together to form a Zen-Tangle

These patterns are drawn on small pieces of paper called "tiles". It is non-representational and unplanned so you can focus on each stroke and not worry about the result


To start with I traced the stencil into my journal with a pencil, then I painted in the lines using black gesso and a fine paint brush.
The Zentangles are done using different size black felt tip pens

And because I love my flowers, I have softened the page by using and layering these flower stamps

The chipboard and some of the smaller sections of the stencil are coloured simply with a copper sharpy marker


#9082 

#CB6105 


Also to balance out my current working from home arrangement over the past 5 months, I have been participating in some monthly facebook challenges. This layout was done for a sketch challenge, and I had the perfect Scrapmatts chipboard to compliment it, so thought that I would share it with you

The film strip chipboard have been cut and layered to give extra dimension

The title has had a layer of purple wax over the top to help it stand out more on the page

I have to say, the photo is one that a friend of mine shared on facebook, and I love it, I can just sit and get lost in it


#CT041PicturePerfect 

#CB1232FilmStrips05 

Can I encourage you, if you are a bit stuck for something to do, google "zentangle ideas", its super easy, you don't need to be able to draw, I can't. You can sit in front of the tv or your favourite movie and do it. You can do it in your journal, or on cardstock so you can use on a card, or a feature piece for a scrapbook page. You can add handwritten words into it, or if like me your handwriting is getting worse as we get older, grab yourself some Scrapmatts words to add to your project

Thanks for spending time with me again this month

Heather
xxox



3 comments: