Thursday, September 30, 2021

Life’s a Beach

 For those of us in the southern hemisphere the weather is finally warming up and beach days are back!

🌞 🐚 🐚 🐚 🌞

This is of course my favourite scrapbook page theme so I'm kicking the 21/22 summer season off with some  beachy layouts and a special card...


Stencils are the hero's of this first page ... 
I've inked Circles on the background of the sky, shells onto the sandy base of the page 
and of course some silhouette flying birds about like gulls.


 




I also ended up using some of these super cute beach chippies as embellishments on the page - coloured using Distress inks. And of course I have a scrap words title to top it all off.

 



Summer Holiday Layout

Sometimes you need to get more than just one photo on a page right?
Well holidays photos are a lot like that for my huge family and divided pages
are a great way to get this done.

Here I have separated my photos into the existing panels on the paper to help frame 
them nicely while still getting a decent number of the onto the page. 


I used my beachy chipboards to simply dress the page up after getting all my photos on there 


 

And as I often do - I tossed as many of these scrap words all over the page as I could. 
I'm not a HUGE fan of journaling - but I do enjoy setting the mood with these wonderful little word tiles.

 


And with my leftovers from the two pages above I was able to make this special Z-fold card.


This special one was for my Daughters 16th Birthday - she adores the beach also and 
you have to go the extra mile of the big birthdays right!? πŸ˜‰


Scapmatts have this fabulous Z-Fold card template that makes these kinds of cards too easy.
All I needed was a sheet of A4 card stock, a scorer and a pencil and this was 
ready to decorate in 3 mins flat!


The chipboard 'Happy Birthday' title was coloured using distress inks - a light blue on 
the top of the letters and a darker one on the base. Over the top of these I added shine lines with
a medium while gel pen - for a nice glossy wet look. 




And yes - again with more scrap words ! lol
🀣 🀣 🀣

 

  


Well that's it from me this month my creative friends, 
but I promise to continue to bombard you with summer layouts well into the coming season. 

Many, many smiles 
from Kel 
xo


4 comments:

  1. oh I love your beachy summery layouts and beautiful card.. great use of the stencils and the chipboard pieces look fabulous too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy .. its always a bonus when you can add chippies without having to alter them too much lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts and you always use Scrapmatts goodies so brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim … this design team is very talented and keeps me on my feet πŸ₯°

      Delete