Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Love So Deer - Lauren Tomecek

One of my favourite things about chipboard is how easy it is to modify to suit your projects. For example, I have a variety of different reindeer designs from Scrapmatts, so when I wanted to do a layout with these deer feeding photos fro my sister's wedding it was super easy to just cut off their antlers and paint up to suit the layout.
 
 
I have used two of the stencil designs on the background of this layout. The paint splatters are just your basic spray with a mist but the leaf pattern is a bit more complicated. I masked off the areas of the stencil I didn't want, then applied Versamark ink through it and clear heat-embossed this. It's given it a very subtle effect that I love.
 
Chipboard: CB1094 Reindeer 02, CB2020 Vines 01, CB6109 Lamps 11, CB1229 Chains 02, CB6105 Assorted Words 23, CB5132 Chains 01. Stencils: ST5004, ST5010.
 
 
My second project are two quick gift tags I've whipped up using some leftover pieces on my desk. I like how easy it is to create cards using the stencils and a chipboard sentiment.


 
 
Chipboard: CB1002 Flourishes 03, CB6100 Words 29. Stencils: ST1011, ST5007.

5 comments:

  1. Love the way you have used the stencils, yes, chipbaord is very versatile, great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, just love the cute deer! and your cards are bright and cheerful too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Lauren those photos are pretty special

    ReplyDelete