Monday, May 6, 2019

Something Different

Hi everyone,

What a hectic few weeks its been with Easter and Anzac Day.  It feels like we haven't stopped having been away for both weekends and working in between and having some technical difficulties - therefore I am very late with my post for April.

I was disappointed I didn't get my act together earlier and get my post organised as I am very excited about what I have created.

I tried something different!  I have admired from afar all the mixed media journal work around. I decided I just had to play and see what turned out. I am pleased with the result.

Hope you like it as well.



 I started by painting the background - very randomly with different textured paints.  After that dried, the fun began.  I grabbed a number of Scrapmatts Stencils and used them with paint and texture pastes.  I layered them around the page.





ST5007 - Stencil stones


ST9003 - Circles A6


ST9005 - Cracks A6


ST9013 - Tile Pattern A5

 I had already picked out the chipboard pieces I wanted to use.  The face is a Jane Davenport stamp.  This is something I have wanted to do for a while.

 I used paint and ink on the chipboard pieces




CB5177 Wildflowers 04



CB6115 Assorted Words 28



CB1200 Scrapwords 08

 

 Using Gelatos, paints and inks I created the hair for the face.  I used a stencil and chipboard as embellishments for the hair.



ST5030 Stencil Flowers










 CB1158 Butterflies 20

Hope you enjoyed my journal pages as much I enjoyed making them.  With such a variety of Scrapmatts Stencils, I am sure I will do more of these - Hopefully you will give it a go as well. From reading lots of blogs and posts about mixed media on journal pages, there is no right or wrong and definitely no mistakes.

Until next month, and I will hopefully be more organised.

Happy creating with Scrapmatts.

Lisette



2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Lisette, i think you must have had a lot of fun with those stencils.. love the bright colors too..

    ReplyDelete