Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stencil Fun - Lauren Tomecek

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to find out Scrapmatts was expanding into stencils! Stencils are probably my second favourite scrapbooking item, after chipboard of course. :) They can be used in so many different ways and create so many different effects. I've used them a couple of different ways in this blog post and hope I've inspire you to pick up a few for yourself from their online shop.
 
 
First up, I created this canvas display piece. I had been saving this idea for a while now and the brick stencil was the last item I needed to make it happen. I applied texture paste through the stencil over the whole canvas, the different way the paste absorbs the mist makes for some great definition of the shapes. I then built up the scene with various chipboard pieces painted with acrylics.
 
 
Chipboard used: CB5137 Ornate Toppers 01, CB2026 Picket Fences 09, CB4058 Australian Federation Detail 03, CB5120 Windows 04, CB1146 Leaf Spray 01, CB2020 Vines 01, CB6071 Assorted Words 07.
Stencil: ST5013.
 
 
 
The stencils are also perfect for using to create backgrounds on cards. I whipped up this one for my husband for Valentine's Day. I used the diamonds stencil to add a subtle white gesso pattern and then misted over the paint splatters in two different colours.

 
Chipboard used: CB5113 Heart Frames 10, CB1199 Scrap Words 07.
Stencils: ST1002, ST5010.
 

 
This one has a wash of gesso for the background then the smaller paint splatters stencil in two colours. I love the random effect they give whilst in actual fact giving you total control of where the colour ends up.


Chipboard used: CB1121 Words 26 Best Wishes
Stencil: ST1009 Stencil Paint Drips
 
Don't forget that Scrapmatts is having a Design Team Call at the moment. Entries close on the 19th so you'll need to get a wriggle on but we would love to see you join the team!

2 comments:

  1. These look great. I am so glad they have stencils too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Lauren... I love the texture they all show...

    hugs x

    ReplyDelete