Friday, December 16, 2016

Ho Ho Holy Christmas....




 Ho Ho Holy Christmas....

 I can't believe that we are only 10 days from Christmas and fast approaching the New Year.

Hello again. 
Are we all organised for Christmas? 
This month really is the silly season. I have been so busy with work, Christmas parties, appointments, market stalls that I haven't had much time to create. 
So it was nice to finally get into my craft space and design.

The first of my projects I would like to share with you is a mini clipboard.

I started by covering with Christmas paper. I think from memory this is a Simple Stories range.
 It's been in my Christmas stash for some time.


 I then used the ST5042 Star Stencil to add some detail to the background.
With the CB5158 Triangles, I pulled them apart, painted them with Picket Fence Distress Paint and added to them to the background. 
When I look at these they resemble Christmas Trees.
 To finish off the clipboard, I attached the CB5164 Holly 05 to the top of the frame and added a CB5144 Layered Poinsettia to the bottom of the frame.
 The gold Polaroid frame came with the mini clipboard.
 To colour the Poinsettia and Holly I used my alcohol ink markers and to give the sparkly effect, I used my glitter pen from CTMH.
 To finish off the frame I used the CB Assorted Words 19 - Christmas Memories. 
This was inked in Silver.

 The picture is of my daughter from a couple of years ago when we had photo booth props to take Christmas pics.


Here is a list of the products used in this project

 




The second project I would like to share with you is a set of 3 Christmas Cards.

 To create these cards I have used watercolour pencils, background stamp, ST1026 - Bubbles Stencil and CB1227 - Christmas Ornaments and CB1229 - Chains

 
Firstly using watercolour paper, take the stencil and colour inside the circles in your desired colours.
Then take your watercolour pen and water wash the colours.
Then stamp the background.
I then added a border with my black marker pen.
 
   
 I used the CB1227 - Christmas Ornaments and the CB1229 - Chains 02 to decorate.
Some I have left raw and the others I have inked in Gold and Silver.
 I love how these have turned out and they were quick and easy.

These are the products I have used to create these cards




You can find all of these wonderful products at www.scrapmatts.com
Also be sure to check out the blog for all the other wonderful designers and their amazing projects for more inspiration.
 
You can also find more on my blog
or you can visit my facebook page here

I welcome all your comments and look forward to interacting with you all in 2017.
Until we meet again
I want to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe and prosperous NEW YEAR.
 
Dream*Create*Inspire

JD
xx
2016








 


8 comments:

  1. These look great Jodie! What a great idea with the clipboard! Love the end result! And fabulous cards, love the baubles hanging from the chains! And merry Christmas to you and yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Whoops! Pressed publish before I was finished....just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a super fabulous 2017
      Xxx

      Delete
  3. Awesome work Jodie, love the mini tutorials of your work,you have been busy. Love the cards, great technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work with the new Scrapmatts goodies. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clipboard is a great little display piece. I love the cards, great idea to use the water-colour pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work Jodie, love the trio of Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete