Saturday, January 5, 2019

A Warm Welcome to 2019 'Simple Pleasures' layout by Kim





Happy New Year!

A very warm welcome to 2019 to all of our 
dear Scrapmatts followers!

We have given you a few days to settle into the New Year and now we hope to inspire you!

Today I have a layout to share with you all. 
A layout created featuring my Grandfather.

Let me show you.....

{Simple Pleasures}
My Pop lived on the land his whole life, working the land and he was also a dairy farmer....he was a giant man but always so wonderful and kind to me.

My brother was on a genealogy website and came across this photo of our grandfather with one of my uncles. Well I knew this photo needed to be scrapped! 
Scrapmatts had the perfect chipboard embellishments to go with this precious photo!

  
[Isn't it just perfect!!!] 

Now, I had these pieces in white mist, so all I did was ink them to match in with my paper and design. The Grass chipboard pieces came in the green, so no need to change them!
 I also managed to find a little Scrapmatts silhouette dog to add to the bottom right corner.

 I have had that giant Ric-Rac ribbon in my stash for so long. I cut small sections of it and frayed it out to make it look like grass and I really like the effect. Sometimes it's good to think outside the box.









SCRAPMATTS
 products used
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my layout and I hope I have inspired you to get a little creative!
has a fantastic range of products, including stencils and chipboard for all types of creative ventures.
Why not pop on over and take a look?
The Scrapmatts Design Team are busy creating projects to help inspire you on your creative journey, so make sure you pop back here to the Scrapmatts blog every few days to see what the team have been up to!

You are sure to be inspired!!!!

Until Next Time
Happy Crafting

Kim Ewins



 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! wonderful creating Kim, I love county pages and love those country Chipboards too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kim! Such an awesome layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layers on your layout Kim, and a Happy New year to you too xxx

    ReplyDelete