Monday, November 10, 2014

December Daily Progress and some Cards

December is barely a couple of weeks away. How crazy is that! But I am happy to say my December Daily mini tag album is pretty much good to go now, only needing me to add in the December photos and journaling during the month.
 
Here is how it is looking now:

How cute does that owl charm look on my binder ring? It isn't really christmasy but it just looked too cool not to include!

The backs of my tags are also covered in pattered paper so I can decorate both sides.
 
Plus a quickie Christmas card. Nothing special and it had to be quick because there was a toddler trying to help me.

 
And some masculine style birthday cards for my 2 nephews turning 18 and 20 next month.
 
 
DSC_0335

Masculine cards and layouts can be tough when you are used to doing pretty girly stuff, which is so often what I do prefer. You can go one of two ways. Clean and simple, but with the use of masculine colours. Or as I prefer, something a bit more grungy and distressed.
DSC_0337 DSC_0339
Of course the boy colours help and I used Kaisercraft Limelight mini pad and collectables for these nice earthy tones of green, brown and black. But making it a little rough certainly adds to the boy appeal.
 
DSC_0340
The image above gives a bit of a closer look at the texture paste and ink but it is a little hard to see.
DSC_0341
Do you prefer pretty girly cards, masculine boy cards or are you happy to jump between the two?
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Holly, Love the masculine cards, they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too organised with the Christmas Tag book already! Love the idea of using the tags for a December Daily!

    ReplyDelete