Friday, March 17, 2017

Merlin's Beard

MERLIN'S BEARD

CASE FILE NO 225

CSI CHALLENGE


Welcome to March. Already this year is flying past. March happens to be my favourite month, as I celebrate my birthday in the first week and lucky for me in the West (Western Australia) it always falls on a long weekend.

This month we have been asked to guest design for the CSI Challenge.
Head over to see all the other amazing designers and their work.

So here is the Case file that I have used to design my layout this month.



Merlin's Beard
This is my completed layout based on the CSI Case File.


EVIDENCE: I have used washi tape, things that fly, animals, circles, wood, feathers, stars.
TESTIMONY: I have handwritten on my background and started with an idiom.  


 

I have used  CB1222 Feathers  and CB5158 Triangles  to embellish the corners. To colour the chipboard I have used Crushed Olive Distress Ink.


To frame my photo I have used the CB5138 String Circles. This has been painted with white gesso.
  To create the background, I have used the ST1026 Circle Stencil.
The washi tape was a perfect fit for this layout.


The journaling says " I snapped this pic in my front yard. This beautiful owl was perched on the tree. It was early morning. I quickly grabbed my camera and managed to get this shot. When I look at it, it reminds me of the owl from Harry Potter. HEDWIG"


 So my layout had to have a Harry Potter theme.
I hope you have enjoyed my take on the challenge and I look forward to seeing what the other DT members designed for this challenge.

All the chipboard on this layout can be found at
Scrapmatts by clicking on the link to their store at http://papertoleaustralia.com/

Here are a list of items used





TRANQUILITY CANVAS

My second project is a Dreamcatcher Canvas that I have hand painted and used Scrapmatts chipboard to embellish.


For the centre of the Dreamcatcher I have used the CB4070 String Circle Roses.
I painted over the chipboard with acrylic paint.

 The word is from CB6087 Assorted Words 15.
I have painted in Black Soot from Dusty Attic.


 For the background I added stars with the ST5042 Star Stencil.
I then flicked gesso over the background for some added texture.

Here are the pieces I have used.


CB6087



ST5042


CB4070


Please stop by and check out the wonderful designs from our DT members here and show us your wonderful creations.

You can also find Scrapmatts here.





If you wish to check out more of my designs you can follow me here






Til next month
DREAM * CREATE * INSPIRE

JD


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie, I think your take on the CSI challenge looks wonderful.. what a great photo and I love the textures on the back ground.. and a fabulous canvas too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy, Thanks so much, it certainly was a challenge, definitely out of my comfort zone, but glad I was able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie what a great way to use chipboard on your canvas!!! Loving your layout too xxx

    ReplyDelete