Friday, August 17, 2018

"Do I Look Like Him?"

 Do I Look Like Him?

Wow it's August already!!!
This month has been a treat. I was able to spend a fantastic weekend with the beautiful Sofie and Andrew at the Craft Fair in Perth on the weekend of 3rd - 5th August.

I was able to spend time with the very talented Rikki and teach some card classes.

So this month I have a layout to share with you featuring Scrapmatts amazing chipboard. 

For this layout I have used the Denim and Friends papers from Maja.
The photo is of my husband and his father. His dad had a stroke back in March and my husband hadn't seen him in 15yrs. So I hadn't met him or seen him before. So recently he has reconciled with his dad and we have spent some time with him. I had always thought he looked like his mum, man was I mistaken!!! He is definitely a chip off the old block!!! 





To create the layout I have used stripes of paper, cog chipboard, words, metal embellishments and stencilled the numbers.




 I have covered the chipboard with black gesso, then used the rust paste from Finnabair to create the grungy, rust look. I then used some micro beads to add some of the copper look. The words have been inked with brilliance graphite black ink. I have used a stencil brush and the ink to create the numbers on the background with the stencil. 

Here is the list of products used:











Thanks for stopping by and please pop over and check out my blog for further details on this project.




Be sure to check out all the other fabulous designs from our amazing design team and please show a little love by leaving comments below.

Until next month

Dream*Create*Inspire
JD
2018
xx



4 comments:

  1. Oh thats so lovely your Hubby was able to re-connect with his Dad and what a great photo.. fabulous layout too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been an experience, as he suffers with vascular dementia now, he still shows signs of the old man, and that has been hard for hubby, but time is precious now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous page and memory xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very special layout indeed, Jodie.
    Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete