Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Something For Everyone

Hello creative people!

This month I'm sharing a set of step cards full of flowers, enhanced by the simple application of Scrapmatts words and embellishments 💕


While I have focused on creating 3 different cards for different occasions I will confess I used the same sheet of paper for the background of all 3 - this kind of efficiency cant be beat! lol

I also used the Scrapmatts Step Card template to keep things simple for myself.



This first card is for Mother's Day - which is just around the corner now...


I teamed up the classic chippy title with some lovely simple leaves to 
give a bright pop of colour to my vase of flowers ...






I painted the base leaf with a forest green and the 
top part of the leaf with a bright light green.
To get the textured look on the base leaf I used a rough brush 
and splattered the paint about a bit.



- and of course one of those versatile little scrap word tiles I 
can't resist slipping into almost every project I create these days! 


These lovely expressions played a central role in the next couple of cards as well...


Again the leaves helped lift the whole card by giving it an even greater 3D feel,
 rather than just the step design - the chipboard word tiles helped to build this effect as well.



And for this final card I used a traditional chipboard 'Happy Birthday' title 
combined with more of the beautiful scrap words in black...




A 'Happy Birthday'  pack like this with multiple  phrases in it is perfect for the 
avid card maker and a great item to have in the essentials kit - mind you I love 
the smaller size of these lovely words as I can just as easily add them to my 
layouts as well when scrapping birthdays. 



And thats it from me today - I hope you are all enjoying your creative journey 
and finding inspiration in all of life's beautiful moments...

Cheers from Kel 




 

4 comments: