Monday, September 26, 2022

Sweet Memories with Heather

Good morning all I hope that you have all had a great month and are enjoying the wind down to the end of the year. I have to be honest and say that my end project this month was a long way from where I started, I had all these grand visions of doing what I started with (texture paste, stencils, shimmer powders, chipboard etc), but wasn't happy, so instead, I did this very soft and feminine layout for you. I will keep working on the original project and hopefully you will get to see it finished in the future. For this layout I started with the papers and then matched my chipboard to the paper, I quite often do that in reverse.
I haven't done anything too fancy with the chipboard, as clearly that wasn't working for me this month. I've simply grabbed a light pink and a soft white paint and painted the chipboard pieces.
I have then layered the flowers (CB1026 Flowers 06) to give some height. And finished off the title (CT119) with glossy accents.
I also had some of the Lace Flowers (LM019) so have tucked them in in a couple of spots.
When I am teaching, I have people say to me "how do you keep coming up with ideas", "do you ever make mistakes", "your projects alway look perfect". I started my post with honesty, as wanted to re-assure you, that sometimes, when life is crazy, ideas might be there but are hard to put together, or ideas are just hard to get, and YES, I definately make mistakes. BUT, keep going, keep trying - the goal of craft is to have fun, keep smiling, reduce your stress, and every mistake is a learning curve, or as I alway say, and excuse to use a flower or a butterfly to cover it. Have a good month Heather

1 comment: