Thursday, September 1, 2022

It's all in the details!

 

Hello creative community ...

I'm back again this month sharing some new creations - no themes this time, just some random pages and a step card I made recently. 

I'm actually on a mission at the moment to do something productive with a bunch of spare photos I have collected ... these have been kicking around in my study for a while so it's time for them to find homes on beautiful papers with some gorgeous detailed embellishments 💚


This is what I love most about Scrapmatts chipboards and stencils - they are incredibly versatile as far as creating your own co-ordinating embellishments goes. All I really need these days is one nice sheet of paper, a patterned stencil for the background and some chipboards I can custom colour 👌


Some pink ink finished off these words perfectly!


And these leaf spray chipboards look awesome with just some 
gold coloured ink added then touched with brown on the edges.

 




I used gold ink on these lovely detailed chippies then filled the lamp 
with liquid pearls to give the finished product a luminescent feel.

 

...and of course I couldn't resist a little bit of background action -
using this cobblestone stencil and ground coffee coloured ink to 
add interest to the flat background paper.


Then there were the little extras I just keep shoving in! lol 😜

- I'm not a fan of doing lots of journaling on my layouts so simple
 expressive words like these help me convey meaning in my pages 
without all the extra writing 💚





Here is my second offering - a layout put together with much the same formula as the last - 
* A beautiful sheet of paper
* A piece of card stock that helps tie in the colours in the photo
* A background stencil to lift my coordinating colour 
* A bunch of chipboard embellishments that compliment and convey meaning
* A few butterflies and flowers I just couldn't resist lol😉



These simple word pack are my go-to solutions for creating easy titles AND they save 
me a small fortune on buying elaborate procreated title embellishments.


 

I was keen to bring some of that blue into my background paper so I used this beautiful
stencil to lightly add a pattern to my background.

  

And the birds - of course - I truly believe that success lies in all 
these tiny details when it comes to creating beautiful unique layouts.


.  

My photo was taken on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River so I added in these lovely 
bullrush chipboards to compliment the photo
... the 'CAUTION - GIRLS AHEAD' sign was just added as good advice! 😜



And once more - I let these perfect and already finished chipboard words do my journaling for me...




And last but not least, I'm sharing a card I made for a very special friend...
She's a card maker too so really didn't need another Happy Birthday offering.
Instead I made sure I created something that would let her know how I feel about our friendship 💙



These are the perfect size for the front of cards! 




Of corse I'm up to my old tricks here again - journaling the easy way with chippie words 👌

 




.  

Our favourite thing to do is sit and chat - this park bench will resonate with my mate when I give her this card - its s beautiful when you can communicate so much with one simple image! 💙💙💙



It's been great sharing with you again, happy creating people.


Cheers,
Kel
xo



















2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love what you have done here, the pages are beautiful and the card is just perfection.

    ReplyDelete