Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Welcome to Spring @ Scrapmatts with Kim



Hello...hello dear crafting friends!
Kim here with you today to share a couple of new layouts created using some of the amazing products available from

My first layout is created using a photo I have had set aside....waiting to find just the right paper!
A few weeks ago while going through some new papers I had received, I recalled this special photo and then and there I was inspired!
Let me share with you my layout....

{Love Is All You Need}
This sweet little Mister is my grandson, Angus.
The paper is Prima as are most of the flowers.
The Lace and Flower Motif's are from SCRAPMATTS 
I just love all the lace and lace elements now available from Scrapmatts!

 The stunning chipboard Rocking Horse is just perfect for this layout along with the cute onesie I've added to the right of my photo.

 If you look on the Prima paper I've used, I have also added in some stencil work using a SCRAPMATTS stencil. I have used Heavy Gesso and also some Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.

 During my recent house move I found an old canvas pad, so I have used a strip of that to break up the background pattern & I have also used it to matt my photo.


I really love how this turned out!
Soft and pretty, but still not too much for a baby boys page.

Here is a list of the SCRAPMATTS products used


 

   

  

   



Now to share with you my second layout
This layout is quite different from my usual style.
I was inspired by a dear friends Moodboard. She puts together such gorgeous inspiration.
I wonder if you can guess who she might be???

Anyway, let me share with you my layout!

{Dream}
 I have used a Colourblast paper for my base paper. Then using a Scrapmatts stencil and heavy gesso I added a little background interest. Once the gesso was totally dry, using a water brush and some glimmermist I went in and gently added some extra colour over/around my stencil work. 
I find using a water brush allows you greater control over the depth of colour.

 Also just for a little creative fun I painted in a little stroke design.....do you like it?

 I didn't want to cover up the beautiful paper design too much so I opted to enhance it by using some of the gorgeous Boho Arrows.

I also added in some of the beautiful Lace Flowers

SCRAPMATTS products used



 




     


   

Well there we go!
Hope you have enjoyed looking and reading a bit about my layouts.

Make sure you stop by the 
and check out all the gorgeous products available!

Also be sure to pop back here to see what the other Scrapmatts Design Team member's have been creating.

Until Next Time
Happy Crafting 

Kim Ewins 




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kim, these are really beautiful layouts.. great photos and love the use of the Scrapmatts chippies, and wow love the lace too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Kim, simply gorgeous....love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Kim, simply gorgeous....love them xx

    ReplyDelete