Sunday, March 29, 2020

Whats your favourite page size?

 So what size page floats your boat?

I cannot resist a good 12" x 12" layout, but rarely indulge in doubles these days.

I take roughly about ONE MILLION photos a year these days ( may be a slight exaggeration - but it feels true!!) and I really had to get a bit picky about which ones I would print and scrap... so I came with the formula of just doing the really special ones, which means that often I don't have a series to scrap, just a special shot or two at the most - hence the single page craze I currently find myself in.

But I don't mind putting togehter a mini album or two here and there either. My favourite size for these are 8" as I can still get plastic sleves for this size. They also mean I can source A4 size cardstocks to use in them - here in OZ, they are considerably cheaper than 12" x 12" cardstocks - BONUS! 
On top of that I can use all my little 6.5" paper pads for patterned papers in them.

Whatever size you scrap though, the right chipboard titles and embellishments always make pulling a page together that much easier - here are a few of my recent examples of this theory...

TOUGH GUY - 12" x 12"

I made this layout using the Antiques Collection from Kaisercraft and yellow paint




I used yellow and green ink for adding colour to chipboards.






I used yellow ink on the title and edges of frames.







BEAUTY - 12" x 12" 


I designed and printed this background paper myself and used brown ink 
with the template and on the chipboards.





.  



8" MINI ALBUM PAGES

These were all scrapped onto black card stock and I used Couture Creations 'Sunburnt Country' 6.5 paper pad for the patterned papers. The chipboards were coloured with either inks or metallic pens.


                   



.                           






                          




                         


Whatever you size you scrap in - the important thing is that you have a great deal of fun doing it!
I hope you are at having as much fun as I am 💚

lots of love from Kel xo







10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages.. and I am usually a 12 by 12 girl myself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages. I'm usually a 12" size, but have done quite a few mini albums as well. As for photos would have loved to have more of my kids when they are little that's the difference between film and digital. Although they say now the photos are on the digital camera's are getting deleted to fit more on and eventually people are not going to have photos from the past. Interesting!!! Not for us scrapbookers though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean ... more and more I hear of people 'loosing' all their photos ( my idea of a horror story). I have much less photos of my first 3 kids, but i did managed to scrap every last one I'm pretty sure - lol - still I'm secretly very happy knowing I have both physical copies and online copies of them all.... the ultimate benefit to being a scrapper !! <3

      Delete
  3. Im more of a 12x12 gal, but have been dabbling into smaller mini albums of late. Love the paper you have designed too. Great pages xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crece ... cant wait to see your mini albums - will be keeping y eye out! xo

      Delete
  4. I'm normally a 12 x 12 person, but I have done the smaller ones in the past!! Such awesome work, love it all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania ... I think it can really be the purpose of page that determines its size for the most part - I give away most smaller albums I make, but I attempt 'art works' on my 12 x 12 pages lol

      Delete
  5. Great presentation of the scrapmatts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .... Scrapmatts have wonderful products that are well worth presenting in style ... but its lovely when someone notices, so thank you for the comment xo

      Delete