Monday, February 28, 2022

Quick and easy titles and journaling

 Hey everyone,

I'm thrilled to be back this month with a triple layout set of pages showcasing how easy it is to use the fabulous chipboard titles and journaling words that Scrapmatts do so well ... 

I've used the Mintay 'Harmony' paper collection for all three of the following pages and titled and journaled on each of them with chipboards from just TWO packs of versatile products created by scrapmatts ... 


So the titles on all these pages come from this fabulous huge chipboard set ...


I ordered these chipboards from Scrapmatts with a white mist finish, so all I had to do with this first title of 'Memories' was use a ink sponge to create a variegated ( or ombre ) look using some blue ink. I started at the base of the word and worked the colour upwards, getting lighter as I went up each letter, focusing the most intense colour at the base of the word.


Next I simply chose the most appropriate words that suited the theme of my photos and the whole layout from this fabulous scrap words pack - the black background with the lighter engraved lettering creates a multi-dimensional look to what would normally be quite flat journaling.


And as you can see, once I stumbled upon this winning formula, it was simply too easy to run with it ...


With this next title word I heavily inked the whole word with the blue ink. After this is used some white acrylic paint to add shine lines to the sides of each letter - the white paint was permeated by the blue ink and ended up casting subdued shine lines instead of bright white ones - a look that matched perfectly with my 'Dreamy' title! 


And of course the journalling was just as easy for this second page as it was on the first...


For this third and final layout I did the same variegated ink technique that I used on the first title, except this time I brought the colour in from the top and bottom, easing it off to a faded centre.


I probably could have created a more intense colour at the base of the word ... but I was wary of it disappearing into the background paper if I made it too dark.


And of course it took moments to chose the words from the chipboard pack and finish off the journalling that perfectly summed up my feelings about the moment captured in this layout 💙


And that's it from me this month folks. 
I hope you have been inspired by these pages and projects ...
I wish you all the best on your own creative adventures.

Cheers
Kel
💙










4 comments: