Thursday, May 7, 2015

Looking a little bit blue!

It wasn't until I photographed my layouts for this month that I realised I had gone for a blue theme on both of them! I guess it must be my favourite colour to work with at the moment and definitely not a reflection on how I'm feeling :)
Andrew and Sofie have done it again with some gorgeous new releases with one of my favourites been the Ornate Toppers CB5137 as it means I don't have to cut up my frames anymore!

Using Scrapmatts chipboard Ornate Toppers CB5137, Scrap Words 21 CB6103, Scrap Words 03 CB1191 and Feathers 02 CB1222 along with Scrapmatts Charm Filigree Flower #3 CH005

 I love how the Ornate Toppers set off a photo perfectly!


The next layout has one of my favourite photos of Alex. She looks so serene and beautiful that I wanted the colours and embellishments to reflect that and what better than to use some of these gorgeous feathers?
Using Scrapmatts chipboard Stringed Circles CB5114, Feathers 02 CB1222, Chains 02 CB1229 and Scrap Words 06 CB1198

 When I painted the Stringed Circle I made a bit of a mess! When I peeled the circle off of the plastic that I'd left it to dry on, a whole lot of paint stuck to it. I was about to clean it off and then decided I actually loved the soft look it gave the circle! I love happy accidents :)
Don't forget that Scrapmatts will be having three classes everyday in Classroom 3 for Brisbane Scrapbook Expo in June. If you haven't booked in yet then pop over here and come and join in the fun!
This is a little peek at what I'll be teaching daily from 2.30pm - 4.30pm
I can't wait for a fabulous 3 days of creating and having fun!
Sonia x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful work. Love both the pages and l love blue as well, so absolute faves for me :D

    ReplyDelete