Sunday, August 28, 2016

August inspiration with Irit


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my August inspirational post.
This month I decided to make an art Steampunk page as my main inspiration and I think that Scrapmatts products are just  perfect for all Steampunk lovers as myself.
So here is the page made over A4 thick cardstock covered with gesso and then painted, stamped, stencilled and embellished with Scrapmatts chipboards and some  hand made embellishments I made with Makin's Clay, molds and Makin's Clay tools.
As you can see I used Scrapmatts Retro Squares stencil with texture paste over the page and then misted it with a mix of Tattered Angels mists.
Stamps used are from Andy Skinner's line of Steampunk stamps and mostly stamped directly over the page (some were stamped over tissue and glued then with Gel Medium).
I also used the second Scrapmatts String Beads  stencil here and you can see the lines in the middle of the page.




A for chipboards the Steampunk frame was added to frame the  funky doll. The head , the hair embellishment and the hair are made with Makin's Clay, but the body is totally Scrapmatts and was made with numerous chipboards that are all listed below.


Here you can see the stencilled part and the same  Retro Squares 02 chipboard added over the stencilled image.
For the final touch I added a layer of Crackle glaze  and some Scrapmatts words.



Scrapmatts products used for this art page:
Gears 03 CB1075
Wings 01 CB1120
Chains 02 CB1229


And now for my second project- a Mixed Media card made with Scrapmatts very same stencil used for the Steampunk page and the very same chipboard, but now painted with another color to fit the card.I used Gelly Plate to make the background and added Scrapmatts chipboard sentiment on the bottom of my card.



And as I still had more mono prints to use, I added a second card.
Same style card was made and the different sentiment was added on the bottom of it.


Scrapmatts products used for this card:

And now for a simple last card I made using Scrapmatts layered chipboard under the stamped sentiments.
This was almost the only embellishment over this card and added a lot of interest to the simple colors and card layout.



Scrapmatts product used:
Layered design 02 CB6045
I hope that you liked my project and see you again next month with totally different inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Creative and innovative use of Scrapmatts products. Especially love the Steampunk look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creating, that canvas is amazing love the back ground and your cards are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Irit huni, I love all the gorgeous work you create...

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete