Friday, July 29, 2022

Inspire

Hello, today I'm sharing some layouts and a card I made recently using a heap of Scrapmatts chipboards and the Mintay paper collection 'Graceful'.  Great products and beautiful papers make creating easy and I'm thrilled to be able to share a few ideas here with you as inspiration


On top of all the big titles, journaling tabs and cool feature chipboards I love to add in little sneaky extras like one of these string words - I adore the way you can easily make them a coordinating colour and slip them in with your page elements, they add feeling so easily and fit in effortlessly... 
I always keep a pack handy for this very purpose. 💕


 

I’ve been up to my usual tricks here too - adding in easy journaling with these fabulous word tiles and colouring a hurricane lamp to coordinate with the lamp embellishments in the paper range





For titles at the moment -  I'm working my way through this HUGE pack of chippy words - they are great value and the perfect size for page titles. I simply hit this one with some glossy pink spray paint - so easy it feels a bit like cheating! lol 😜





I was a tad over fussy cutting by the time I got to this second layout, so instead of relying on the papers to carry the embellishment burden, I added a heap of chipboard elements - making the process much easier! 



There were a lot of dark patches in my photo on this layout so I used black embellishments to balance all the light ones in the paper collection and tie the two together. 


This lovely circle element was easy to dress up with some simple white shines added. 



And I couldn't resist pulling in some colour to the background with this heart stencil and of course some simple silhouettes of flying birds. 💚

  






... and I'm still using up my chipboard titles ...
- this time they are decorated with ink using a variegated colouring scheme.



And last but not least - I have a simple card to share ...


Left over papers from pages are my favourite bits and pieces to use for card making
 and a few special chipboards makes this an easy process too! 

These simple small 'Happy Birthday' chipboards are a fantastic size for cards 
- I coloured these with a black sharpie.


There is no real reason why I chose this street lamp to go on this other than that I love them - they are my go to embellishment for any ladies card - along with butterflies and rhinestones of course! 🦋




And this beautiful pack of journaling words was perfect for saying just what I wanted on this card.


Thanks for stopping by the blog to have a look. I hope you found some inspiration and I look forward to sharing more creative projects in the future. 

If there are any techniques or elements you would like to see shared in the future, please leave a comment below, as the team and I love a good challenge! 👌


Cheers, 
Kel






























 

2 comments: