Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Introducing our Guest Designer Lisa Saunders

We are very pleased to announce Lisa Saunders as our April Guest Designer.
We hope you will visit Lisa'a blog as you will definitely be inspired by her gorgeous creations.
 Here is the link...

Here's a little about Lisa...

Hi I'm Lisa and I'm really happy to be guest designing for Scrapmatts this month.
I love scrapbooking, card making and playing with the messier stuff too : )

I thought I'd start my first Scrapmatts project off with a layout.
I was really drawn to the Chipboard Filmstrip Frames. I thought that these would look so much fun as photo frames on a page.
I've used 2 sets. Sometimes I feel when you make a multi photo layout, it's hard to make the page still look cute and not too busy and over crowded. I felt by using these frames it really helped me achieve what I wanted and it doesn't feel busy at all.
Here is the layout.

  The larger frames (CB3002) come in black which was perfect. 
I also selected the cute Micro Chips - Mini Filmstrip (MC1013) 
I needed to change these to black to match. I simply misted them with some black Maya Mist, left to dry for a bit and all was good and ready to go.

I was now ready to turn them in to little photo frames.
We went to Orlando, Florida back in 2012 and Hollywood Studios was a park that I that I hadn't scrapped much about. I printed off my photos, measuring before roughly what sizes they needed to be. I cut them down, meausuring up against the frames to make sure that I didn't trim too much off. I added some pva glue to the back of the frames and stuck the photos down in place. I did this for all the frames.


After putting the layout together, I finished it off with some Chipboard Scrap Words (CB1199) that fitted this layout perfectly. I stuck a small strip of 3d foam tape to the back of each one giving it a little height so it rested on the frames rather than sitting flat on the actual page.


I'm so pleased with how this has turned out. It's possibly even my favourite page in my Orlando Scrapbook, so a big thank you to Scrapmatts : )


I hope you have enjoyed seeing the process of my first creation using the Scrapmatts Chipboard.
Thank you.
Lisa x

Be sure to drop by a little later this month as Lisa will be back to share an awesome tutorial!!




8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Lisa, love your fresh approach to scrapbooking..welcome to Scrapmatts for a few months

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Lisa, love your use of all the filmstrips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this lo! LOVING the colors and those frames!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love those little film strips! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete