Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New beginnings...

Easter is a time of new beginnings and it could not be more apt for our family at the moment. My scrapping has been few and far between as we have sold our old house and are now moved into our new home! I managed to create my projects for this month surrounded by packing boxes. Why is it that the scrappy item I need always seems to be in the last box I look in!!!!
I created this Easter card using one of the gorgeous new frames that Scrapmatts have released - I love that the centre is reminiscent of an Easter egg :)


 Using Scrapmatts Ornate Frame CB6092,, Alphabet Flags CB6084, Scrapwords CB1192 and Leaves CB1152


Next project was my monthly tag. The song 'Happy' constantly comes on the radio and it makes me feel good each and every time! So my theme for this month had to be 'Embrace Happy'!


Using Scrapmatts Ornate Frames CB1220, Tag CB3009,  Scrapwords CB1207, CB1197 and CB1199, Filigree Flower charm CH076, Fob Watch charm CH037 and Filigree Flower Charm CH016



Finally I decided just to have a bit of fun and play with one of the current trends - Chalkboard. I painted my Scrapmatts chipboard Tag black and once it was dry I stamped it with the message I had chosen in embossing ink. I then heat embossed the stamped image with white embossing powder. I left a little of the embossing powder on my tag as I wanted it to look like a slightly smudged chalkboard print.


Using Scrapmatts Tag CB3007


Have a wonderful and safe Easter! I hope all the parents and carers out there survive the upcoming school holidays :)
Sonia x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! congratulations on your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Sonia..really stunning work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage feel to the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects Sonia! Love your card, the frame is perfect and the bird is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete