Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Stencils, Stencils, Stencils

Hi everyone

During our Covid Isolation I have been watching lots and lots of online demos, including Sofie with the new Scrapmatts stencils. My favourite artist at the moment is Dina Wakley.  For those that don't know Dina, she does a lot of Art Journaling with many different mediums.  Although I am still not totally excited about Art Journaling, I have taken lots and lots of inspiration from these demos.

I did however do an Art Journal page for my first sample today. This is the only journal page that I am willing to show off. I used 5 stencils with a number of techniques - paint, gloss sprays, oxide sprays, texture paste, ink and scribble sticks.




Stencil 9073 Leaves



Stencil 9003 Circles


Stencil 9002 Hexagons


Stencil 5024 Tile Pattern


Stencil 9049 Hearts


CB6117 Assorted Words 30


CB1236 Scrap Words 20


I didn't use as many stencils for this next layout - just three!  Again I used a mixture of mediums with the stencils - oxide spray, texture paste and ink.  Compliments the stencils with quite a few chipboard pieces - including the circle on the phone indicating where we had climbed to that day!







Stencil 9002 Hexagons


Stencil 9064 Pattern


Stencil 5006 Circles


CB5128 Mesh 01


CB6105 Assorted Words 23


CB1253 Scrap Words 36


CB1075 Gears 3 


I hope you have found some inspiration from my art journal page and layout today.  This weekend I will be at a scrapbooking retreat and soooo looking forward to playing with the Sofie & Andrew's new stencils. Of course this is as well as spending the weekend with so good friends with lots of laughter (and a few drinks!!!).

Hopefully I will be able to show you my efforts with some of the new stencils in my July post.

Until then hopefully you will still be able to find some time to create.  As things start returning to 'normal', whatever that will be, please stay safe.

Lisette xo


3 comments:

  1. Love how you use the stencils Lisette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW - I LOVE what you have done with the stencils in these projects (Your Art journal page is AWESOME by the way). I adore Scrapmatts stencils precisely because they do come in those 3 size packages - and because they just seem to be able to add something special to every project, as you have demonstrated here - beautiful projects xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that Art Journal page is awesome, so much to see xxx

    ReplyDelete