Saturday, October 22, 2016

Birth & Birthday Creations With Christine



Hi there, how's it going? Christine here posting a couple of projects filled with Scrapmatts goodness.  I've titled my post for this month "Birth & Birthday", so let's start off with my birth mixed media layout:

 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Diamond Mesh (CB5127), Assorted Words (CB6115), Gears (CB1073), Butterflies (CB1045), Black Scrap Words (CB1197)
 
Scrapmatts Stencils: Squares (ST1038), Borders (ST1010), Cobblestones (ST5014)
 
 
I’m not big on scrapping photos with myself on it, but this particular picture is very special and close to my heart and deserves a special page.  The birth of my first daughter definitely changed my life forever, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
 
Hands down blue is my ultimate favourite color so I incorporated many shades of blue for my background with the help of Scrapmatts Cobblestones, Borders, and Squares stencils.
 
 004
 
The chipboards have been painted white, and I've added some blue paint to the “life” Scrap Word for an ombre effect.  The Diamond Mesh would have to be one of my favourite Scrapmatts chipboard and the Black Scrap Words are perfect for adding those little extra subtitles to your projects.
 
Next up is a birthday card for a bubbly and cheerful little girl:
 
 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Nested Stars (CB5021), String Circles (CB5138), Black Silhouettes (CB1195), Assorted Words (CB6116), Sticks (CB5153), Burnt Cream Scrap Words (CB1238)
 
Scrapmatts Stencil: Circles (ST5006)
 
 
I applied some black texture paste through the Scrapmatts Circles Stencil on the yellow cardstock and layered the Nesting Star on top which I've embossed.  For the top chipboard layers, I’ve painted the sticks white, the stars strings and wish word with yellow paint.  The wish word is topped with traced edges and glossy accents for a shiny enameled finish. 
 
I also added some glitter on top of the black balloon, because glitter dipped balloons are delightful :).  It’s all finished off with some flowers and it’s ready for the bubbly and cheery birthday girl.
 
Thanks for popping in and don’t forget to check out more Scrapmatts goodies HERE.


Cheers,
 

13 comments:

  1. 2 totally stunning projects, Christine!!!
    The gorgeous layers in your layout are devine and your card is fantastic and very creative....awesome creating, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful Christine, and yes the birth of a first child is such a special occasion.. love the color blue too, love all the back ground details and all the chippies you have used... and fabulous card.. love the big star back ground and the word wish looks great!! Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blues Christine, my favourite colour too and a precious photo, perfectely scrapped. Fantastic star card as well and great use of Scrapmatts products. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jst stunning Christine, always look closely at your backgrounds, you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sofie...love my Scrapmatts ❤️

      Delete
  5. Christine both of your projects are truly gorgeous...

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are both amazing projects. I love all the detail on the background of the layout and the star shape of the card is so effective.

    ReplyDelete