Friday, October 7, 2016

My Girls: By Rhonda



Hello again all my lovelies, I have dragged myself from the craft room to this confounded device to again bring you three of my creations and YEP...Plenty of our awesome Scrapmatts goodies are again the feature.

No prizes up for grabs to guess that my family feature in both pieces.
Another canvas is offered up for my first with my daughter front and centre followed by a Scrapmatts Federation Tray highlighting the beauty of my son's partner accompanied by her birthday card.

Family Means Love


To start with I covered the 8 x 10 canvas panel with a sheet of Blue Fern's Autumn Anthology. Following this I used texture paste laid over the ST5045 Circle Stencil and once dried coloured it with a variety of LSG's.

 

I added more layers of the same paper to the sides under the CB5010 Ornate Frame 10 and did the same with the paper doily at the top.
On the image above right you can see the script stamp I used...This stamp is only available from Scrapmatts shows.


The frame colour was enhanced with Dew Drop Turquoise Gem, the photo was added and then dressed with some flowers and flourishes.


The flower at the top right was framed by the inner section of CB5138 String Circles 02 whilst CB2003 Page Borders 02 was cut in half and utilised in two positions and coloured to match the theme.


CB6113 Scrap Words 32 - "Family Means Love" stood out as the logical title.
Just the butterfly and the heart from CB6102 Assorted Words 21 were used as small embellishments as final touches apart for a few flowers.


Scrapmatts
CB5010 Ornate Frame 10
CB2003 Page Borders 02
CB6113 Scrap Words 32
CB5138 String Circles 02
CB6102 Assorted Words 21
ST5045 Circles
Dew Drop - Pearlescent
Crimson & Turquoise Gem
Hero Arts Script Stamp

LSG
Pegleg Pete’s Purple
Cape Cod Coral
Sea Mint Green
Eilderwiess Moss Green
Time Travel Teal
Baby Blue Eyes
Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold
Teapot Purple
Love At First Sight 
Lavender

Flowers – Prima Marketing
Butterfly -  Fleurs De Prima (Pupa)

FMS
Mont Marte 8 x 10 Canvas Panel
Scraps of chipboard for packing

Naomi's Birthday Frame

The ever lovely Sofie gave me this awesome Federation Tray as a challenge whilst Scrapmatts were in Perth...Challenge Accepted...

The CB7013 Australian Federation Tray 05 was first given 4 coats of white MDF spray paint then as a background to the photo I chose a patterned paper that complimented it. I was very happy that even though many coats of paint were used that all the fine details were still highlighted.




Flanking the sides and top was a collection of 49 and Market flowers in multi-blue. I could have gone mad with these flowers but covering up Andrew's stunning fretwork would have been sinful.
I really do hope I have done the Federation piece justice.

........................................................................

And no birthday is complete without a card so I knocked up a matching card from the left over paper & flowers whilst adding that all important touch that is always within my reach from my Scrapmatts Chipboard Stash that helps so much with my creativity.


The bodice I used from my stash and give it a bit of life with some blue colour.
To tie the 2 girls projects together I used a small heart & butterfly from CB6102 Assorted Words 21 on each.






Thank you so much for stopping by!

Make sure you pop back in a day or two or head over to the 
 to check out the Design Teams amazing creations!
If you have creations using Scrapmatts products why not upload
them into the gallery?!
(We would love to see them!!) 

Until next time
Happy Crafting
X

8 comments:

  1. These look wonderful Rhonda, I love the colors and gorgeous flourishes on your canvas, and the federation tray is so pretty, i love the colors and the card looks wonderful too.. these all look amazing and you have used the chippies and stencils so very well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy so much for such wonderful complements...

      Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Gosh Rhonda - what a trio of delightful projects! Your confounded device allows us to to see your beautiful work! Each of them chock full of Scrapmatts goodies, layering and texture. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for such an awesome complement...

      Hugs

      Delete
  3. OMG, Rhonda!
    Such stunning creations, showcasing Scrapmatts products!
    Totally gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy creating such fab creations...love them all :)

    ReplyDelete